shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant or rare cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asha

Rough_Rock
Hello,
My wedding rings were stolen. In the process of dealing with the insurance company, I was told that instead of having the radiant cut I thought i had, i really may have had a rare cut. The source of the confusion was my EGL certificate, which listed the stone as a "octagon modified rectangular cushion cut". After several jewelers in their replacement program expressed their confusion, the insurance company called the GIA for an answer. They were told the best they could guess is that my stone was an "Asher" or "Baron" cut. I have never heard of either of these. My stone looked like a radiant as far as I could tell, and my husband did not knowingly purchase a 'rare' cut. Any opinions?
Thank you!

bacon

Rough_Rock
Sounds like an emerald cut to me.
That is the wording GIA uses in describing such things.They won't name specific brands or cuts to cta

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Could be a radiant cut, could be a Flanders style cut."Cushion" implies a certain degree of roundness to the sides rather than straight sides. Was it somewhat curved or just a cut cornered rectangle?------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

asha

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Thank you for you responses.
My stone did not appear to have any curvature to it. It simply had the cut corners. Is it simply that the EGL words things differently than the GIA?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results