shape
carat
color
clarity

radiant in a french cut setting

kawameehgirl

Rough_Rock
would a radiant cut diamond look right in a french cut setting?

totti12.JPG

Janae335i

Rough_Rock
Personally I think the french cuts suit a vintage cut stone. But that's my .2 cents.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've only ever seen cushions in French cut settings... But that doesn't mean a radiant wouldn't look great in one!

kawameehgirl

Rough_Rock
I really like the radiant cut and I often fantasize it being in a french cut setting. And yesterday, I recently discovered the spring cut , which would also look nice as well. I've only seen the french cut setting with round or cushion and had to ask if a square or rectangular diamond would look nice as well

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would look great. I think any stone would look great with french cuts because I like the contrast of two different cuts.
Each cut has it's own kind of fire and brilliance and french cuts will compliment all. The avc's are gorgeous with frenchies to be sure,
and very popular right now, but pick what YOU love and you will be happy with the result.

mesmerized

Rough_Rock
I love – love the look of several Cushion and French cut diamond rings I've seen like the one you posted. It’s funny though, even though I have a radiant solitaire I never once thought to set it with French cut diamonds. I am not sure if I would...It will be interesting to see what you decide. I will have to keep my eye on the post to see what the end result will be.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ummm... not to my eye. I think of the radiant as a more moden cut.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yeah I would set a radiant with trillion sides maybe? I agree with dreamer, the radiant seems more modern than the french cuts. if you like the look of the french cuts maybe do a radiant with princess cuts?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think I'd pair a Radiant with french cuts either.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrssalvo|1304532872|2912193 said:

Ditto. I see radiants as a more modern cut.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1304533194|2912196 said:
mrssalvo|1304532872|2912193 said:

Ditto. I see radiants as a more modern cut.

Same here. I think french cuts lend themselves to complimenting more vintage cut stones.

kawameehgirl

Rough_Rock
And what do you ladies think of the spring cut? It that still considered modern?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I do think french cuts looks lovely with antique stones or cuts, I would have to respectfully disagree that they don't
go with modern cut stones. If people weren't so used to seeing this combo here in the last couple of years, I don't think anyone
would think twice about seeing the two stone cuts together.

There has always been a combining of different cuts of stones in rings. Rounds with baguettes, Emerald with rounds etc. There is
a bias these days here on pricescope when it comes to AVC's or antique cut stones. They are lovely to be sure, and I would love
to own one, but if you put a radiant with the french cuts you could have yourself a awesome ring.

If you want to please everyone on pricescope, go with a antique cut stone. If you own or love a radiant, go with that.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47|1304531958|2912167 said:
yeah I would set a radiant with trillion sides maybe? I agree with dreamer, the radiant seems more modern than the french cuts. if you like the look of the french cuts maybe do a radiant with princess cuts?

My favorite settings for a radiant cut are: pave halo and a three stone with trillions :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results