shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant fluorescence question

Robbrenner

Rough_Rock
I am considering a radiant, 4.02 E, VS2, strong fluorescence - it is extremely well cut and very sparkly - my husband, son and I really like the diamond and looked at it in various lighting. It is not hazy, milky or oily. It only appears slightly blue in the shade, but not in the sun. I have only read about the effect in the sun. Is this sometimes typical also? Thank you

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are probably just seeing a reflection of the sky in the shade, unless you are getting UV rays somehow. Blue fluorescence generally looks like a very slight lavender glow in the sun. I love fluorescence and if you think the stone is well cut and beautiful, then it sounds great!

Robbrenner

Rough_Rock
Thank you, so it could actually be a reflection since it doesn't show color in the sun? We compared it to a medium fluoro and this one is much prettier. We also compared it to non-fluoro and again this was prettier and very sparkly. The price is very reasonable compared to a comparable non fluoro stone, and it faces up large.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fl is a great bonus since it usually lowers price in higher color stones! I think it is beautiful, and you almost never see it unless you shine a UV light on it. I actually bought a cheap one from Amazon just so I could see the Fl in a diamond that I once had! Come back and show us your new ring in the Show Me the Bling part of the forum!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results