shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Diamond Pricing Info

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laurenrdh

Rough_Rock
I was intereted in some opinions about a radiant cut diamond I saw today while shopping for an engagement ring. I have made a deposit on this diamond and have 8 days to back out if something else comes up:

Report Issued by E.G.L

Weight: 2.00 Cts
Clarity: SI1
Color: E

Cut: Radiant
Measurements: 7.33 - 6.86 x 4.55 mm
Depth: 66.3%
Table Width: 76%
Crown Height: 11%
Pavilion Depth: 52%
Girdle Thickness: Medium, Polished
Finish
Polish: Very Good
Symmerty: Very Good
Culet: None
Graining: Nil
Flor: None

The price of this diamond was $10,600, which seems excellent to me for the size, color, and cut. Please post your opinions, if anything on this list doesnt look right. I appreciate the advice...

Lauren

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lauren. The price does seem excellent if the stone is correctly graded.

I would have it checked out by an independent appraiser for confirmation of the grade, and his opinion as to the desirability of the stone and the price.

It will probably cost between $75 to $125 to have it done, and will give you peace-of-mind.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
By the way, the cut specs you listed are not bad for a radiant cut. Although fancy shapes have to be individually seen in order to correctly assess the desireability of their cuts, the specs you listed probably lend themselves to a good looking stone.

On Dave Atlas' AGA cut grading scale, it would rank a 3A, which is a "good" (not "fair", not "very good") commercial make. Most radiant cuts tend to fall in the class 3 and class 4 categories, with a much smaller percentage falling into the class 1 or 2 categories.

His cut grading scales are listed at http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt3.htm

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

laurenrdh

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for the information. I really appreciate the time you took to look at my posting. I feel a lot better now that I have recieved some outside information.
Thanks again
Lauren

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results