shape
carat
color
clarity

radiant diamond help please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ms929217

Rough_Rock
O.K. now that I''ve officially confused everyone, I realized that both of the original diamonds have been eliminated (Diamond #1 and Diamond #2)

The image link I last send and the second ideal scope are for one of the diamonds I am now considering.

yes, it does have a GIA report.

we will call this diamond #3

specs for diamond #3 are

1.56 carat
color F
clar SI 1
depth 66.4
table 65.0
girdle sl thk to thk
6.47x6.28x4.17 (1.03 L/W)
polish good
sym VG

We have already seen the pics for diamond #3

Now diamond #4

Diamond #4 (specs...no pics yet) (GIA cert)

1.56 carat
color E
clar VS2
depth 66.8
table 62.0
girdle VTN-TK
6.59X6.41X4.28 (1.03 L/W)
polish VG
symmetry VG

The carat weight is the same. Diamond #4 seems to have slightly better specs in terms of color and clarity. However, we do not have pics yet. I will post them as soon as I get them. Diamond #4 does have girdle VTN though...could lead to diamond chipping?

Both are aprox. the same price (bet. 8K and 8400)

Thanks for the continued help despite the confusion. Especially LorieLea

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most welcome! Keep me posted when you get the details for the next one!

Cellini3

Rough_Rock
I understand your confusion in the search for the perfect elusive Rad! The more I researched the more confused I became! I''m taking GIA classes so I put additional pressure on myself to get the rock right. Reconciling the numbers from my books, online tutorials, specifically the AGA ranges. I saw over 15 stones in person...in addition to the numerous ones I louped virtually. Several folks suggested that I find the rock then build the ring to suit it. This strategy did help...but since you know the setting obviously it may not be helpful to you.
In the end, I was actually surprised at what we purchased. What I was dead set on obtaining was a square Rad, 1.50/G/VS with T&D both 69 or lower as well as EX P & S and GIA certed...in a halo plat setting with melle for under 6K. Actually taking inspiration from several PS members Holla out to Nicrez, JFro, Evalina & several others that posted pics or stats!
36.gif

So,after looking at the current price index on PS and actually seeing what was out there(using the tools on PS)
What I purchased was a 1.20/H/SI1/GIA I actually saw a copy of the cert & plot & was nearly certain this was not my stone (see post on elusive RAD) but decided to see it in person, looking to see if it was nearly eye clean and if the size & color were okay. The T&D were not what I thought I wanted...but in person this stone just spoke to me. Just like many other posters said the right stone did to them. I ended up just getting a simple 14k wg cathedral setting & working with a great local jeweler on a custom band. Rock & setting under 5K...and the band...looks like it will be under $2k...which is pretty good for custom with engraving...if I don''t make the bead set stones any bigger
31.gif
''cause then I wouldn''t be able to add upgraded studs later...

Good luck in your endeavors & let your eyes decide before you loupe...your sweetie & wallet might thank you later...
Cellini3 (anxiously waiting to receive diploma to officially add AJP to signature)

ms929217

Rough_Rock
Diamond #3 is on the right. The one on the left has been eliminated. Still waiting on any images for Diamond #4.

lazzzzar.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I can see it looks good.

ms929217

Rough_Rock
Diamond Pics! Specs!

AST_GIA17545251.jpg

ms929217

Rough_Rock
Diamond pics specs....!~

IS_GIA17545251.jpg

ms929217

Rough_Rock
Diamond pics/Specs!

SARIN_GIA17545251.jpg

ms929217

Rough_Rock
which diamond?!? Need help! The 40X pic wont load because over 100kb?!?

ms929217

Rough_Rock
are there any concerns with these numbers?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The images look ok, really it would be difficult to find a radiant showing a ''perfect'' ASET, what is the vendor verdict on the diamond?

ms929217

Rough_Rock
from whiteflash:

Below are the comments from my in-house experts. "very nice stone. very white. Lots of little tiny sparkle (brilliance) and color (fire). I like it.""For a person that is looking for a square radiant..it is beautiful and very sparkly." Based on the images, I can tell that this is a quality stone. For its shape, it has minimal leakage areas, great symmetry, and a very nice shape. Diamond of this shape perform in what is called contrast brilliance and this diamond is at the peak of its performance.

Would they say otherwise if they are trying to see me a stone? I think not. That is why I need opinions on the images/Specs!

Thanks.

Mitch

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds promising from the vendors, they are very honest and won''t recommend a diamond if they don''t think it is up to par, it looks very pretty from the pictures.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a good one, and good radiants are hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results