shape
carat
color
clarity

radiant depth concern

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

danenny

Rough_Rock
Hey,

I saw a radiant diamond that i am interested in getting. However the Depth is around 57%, do you guys think this is too low. The diamond looked great when i saw it but still leaves me concerend.

SPecs are

VS1
H
Polish: VG
Symm: G
Table : 65%
Depth: 57%
1.7 Ct
FLour: Med Blue
No pincussions shown on the GIA cert

The jeweler quoted me $9100, what do you guys think ?

thanks

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
there are 2 things that i don't like.
1)The depth should be around the 65-70% ,as 57% is too shallow ,and might have a glassy look effect on the stone.

2) the price is approx.between $1,000-2,000 more than if you shopped on line!

Nowadays you have to "shop and compare"

danenny

Rough_Rock
thanks for the info. I have a hard time trying to match up diamonds with my exact specs online. I can find a similar diamond with a higher depth % but not sure how to compare the two. How much more would an identical dimaond with a depth % of say 63% be?

Can you tell me where you saw this similar diamond for 1,000-,2000 less? I would like a reference point.

thanks, i appreciate all the help

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
appl.gif
go to this thread: http://www.buydiamonddirect.com/search_diamond.asp and do a search on diamonds from the 1.70-1.90 g-h vs1-vs1 and see the prices. so you can compare.

good luck
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results