shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock

Hi - I''ve narrowed the search down to a radiant cut. I was thinking of getting a plain pave setting with a radiant cut diamond. But I''m a newbie. I''ve been reading through past posts on Radiant cuts and I still feel lost.

What should I be looking for? I can spend up to $10,000.

What dimensions should it have?

What vendors do you suggest? Any that you think have a great selection and understanding of radiant cut ?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
I was also considering an Emerald cut too.

What are you thoughts on an Emerald vs. Radiant?

danielNJ

Rough_Rock
Hey, I did a ton of shopping for my Radiant. First and foremost Color, stay below H, Radiant or Fancy cuts show yellow to my eye way more than RB''s. Second you have to decide between square rectangular. Rectangular radiants have more spread and tend to have a visable "bow tie", which many people like. I personally like more square, which can more of a crushed ice look inside. Get an eye clean stone, even if its an si1 or 2, it can be "eye-clean". Here''s a nice stone from ERD, Mark is Fantastic! It fits in your price range, nice specs. Many will say the table needs to be smaller, but I have a 73 table on mine and it has huge amounts of FIRE! Lastly, you have to see it, fancy cuts numbers do not work like rounds. I saw Radiants with killer specs, 61 table, 65 depth, high crown, and they stunk in person!

http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/loose_detail.php/session/dbc32189b7b6690dfc06a25c5999e17b/id/16351441/sz/150/premium/premium

My ring
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/erd-ring-has-landed.88866/

Good luck, keep posting and asking ?''s!

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the tips DanielNJ. There are so many things to think about, my head is swimming.

Your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!

danielNJ

Rough_Rock
look at all three, Radiant, Asscher, Emerald. Pick the style you like. Radiant=lots of facets, Asscher=wind mill, Emerald=boxes. They all are beautiful!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
First of all, I recommend going and seeing radiants and emerald cuts in person. They are totally different in appearance, but both beautiful!

If you do decide on a radiant, it''s in general very hard to find well cut radiants. It''s always a good idea to call a vendor, goodolgold.com, whiteflash, jamesallen, or engagementringsdirect and asking them to find you a well-cut stone. If you want to look yourself, you really need to look at images and in person is even better because radiants can''t be judged by numbers alone. However, a good guideline is 60-68% depth, 60-65% table, and a crown height over 10%.

It is mostly personal preference whether you like the look of rectangular or square radiants better. Rectangular radiants are harder to find well-cut than box radiants. As daniel mentioned, radiants tend to show quite a bit of color relative to other cuts so I would stay in the D-H range. You can go down to an SI quite easily though since the cut disguises inclusions fairly well.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results