shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Cut Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stacey_ramos

Rough_Rock
Hello Experts!

I am a complete newbie, so I apologize before hand for the naivety of my questions and comments.

I am interested in a purchasing a Radiant cut, ~2 ct, ~VS1, ~H. I have two questions concerning cut.

First, what is the effect of very shallow crown angles (<7%) on the look of the diamond, both before and after a platinum setting. Assume that the rest of the cut angles are very good (percentages are in the Class 1B range).

Second, what is the effect of getting a Radiant that is neither square or rectangular. For instance, if the “Length/Width Ratio” is 1.25. Is this just a matter or person preference?

Thank you for any assistance.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
YOU HAVE A LOT OF CONFUSION IN YOUR POST.

7% is crown height percentage, not angles whoich are measured in degrees. A shallow crown will allow less dispersion than a full depth one.

Secondly, a square has 4 equal sides. A rectangle has four 90 degree corners, just like a square opposite sides of equal length where a square has all sides of the same length. A stone with a 1.25:1 ratio would qualify as a "rectangular" shape.

Squares and rectangles really do not qualify for any Radiant cuts as these shapes all have cut corners and are modified octagons. You may find a few Radiants with equal length and width (square) and most will be rectangular ( different length from their width). The choice of outline is totally subjective and you are the best judge of what you deem to be pretty.

Now that this basic stuff is out of the way. What do you want to know?

stacey_ramos

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the information. I beleive you managed to see through my confusing post and answer the exact questions I was asking. Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results