shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant cut diamond - need expert opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jll12497

Rough_Rock
just thought I would get your opinion on my new diamond
D
VVS1
Tot. Depth 83.1%
Table Width 73%
Crown 11%
Pavillion Depth 65%
Grdl med, polished
polish good
sym good
culet none
flor. slight blueits stunning but i wanted an expert opinion on the measurements. Also, with the depth being a little on the high side, would it be smart to set it in a higher setting (its a solitare)for optimal lighting?Thanksjennifer

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jennifer,Well, the diamond on the deep side. 83% total depth corresponds to 4B AGA class (below average).The diamond can still be nice but it has very poor spread - appears much smaller for it's weight. Radiants are often cut to retain weight. In your case it is very likely that a cutter wanted to get the weight above 1 carat.However, please don't be disappointed. If you like the diamond it's all that counts.On the other hand, if you still could return or exchange it, you might want to think about it.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is deep and I'd bet it is pretty bright and sparkly. BUT, it probably is not the best example of a radiant you'd find if you continued your quest.These types of cuts are specifically made to retain weight and seem cheaper than rounds. They are, but at the price of some brilliancy, dispersion and diameter. It takes someone who wants one, to make the final choice about which one they'd like to own and wear.------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results