shape
carat
color
clarity

Quiz on Tiffany''s Colored Legacies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EthansMom

Rough_Rock
Ok so this is somewhat of a continuation of my old thread here.

And as promised I went back to Tiffany''s to check what kind of stone that particular ring was.

So now I''ve devised a mini quiz on your knowledge of colored stones. (Plus it never hurts to have more pictures of these beauties online
25.gif
. It may be very easy for some but I even got a few wrong myself when I was at the store.
14.gif

There is a total of only 5 stones and I will post the answers on shall we say.... Sunday evening-ish?

Some *hints*: Some stones that you may think are a particular stone but are not that stone, are in there. Some stones that you are not thinking of are in there. And some stones are stones that can have the same colors as other stones. And a rolling stone gathers no moss to end up being a moss-less stone. Rolling stones...
26.gif

AND SO WE BEGIN!

ETA: I know the pictures are a little bit blurry, but the colors are pretty true to life... (Hence, why I got some wrong)

guess33.jpg

EthansMom

Rough_Rock

guess22.jpg

EthansMom

Rough_Rock

guess11.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
From top to bottom, this is my best guess:

green tourmaline
spessartite garnet (I remember they offer this stone in Legacy)
pink sapphire
tanzanite (I suspect it could be listed as sapphire, but the faint purplish undertone makes me think it is a vB 6/5 tanzanite(violetish blue with strong saturation and color)
The last one has me stumped. It looks like pink tourmaline, amethyst, or something like that. I hope sincerely it isn''t tanzanite b/c that is really low quality tanzanite if it is.

I will try to post a pic of my Legacy tanzanite so you can see how closely it resembles the fourth ring you pictured later today or this evening.

Looking forward to the quiz results!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
1,2, and 3 are obvious.

4 and 5 are freaking me out.

Please tell me that 4 is tanzanite and that 5 is some kind of fluke of digital photography.

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
You missed one of them!

Tiffany Legacy - All 6.jpg

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Tourmaline

Citrine

Pink Sapphire

Blue Sapphire

Tanzanite

Aquamarine

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/26/2008 12:30:28 PM
Author: AStack75
You missed one of them!

This one is easier to guess. The last one is Aqua on your list AStack. But I don''t see a pink tourmaline or rubellite or anything like that in the list you posted. So, I will be really upset if that last picture is tanzanite, b/c violetish pink is not at all what I would expect from Tiffany in terms of tanzanite.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to guess iolite as the lavender stone...I don''t know if they use it in the Legacy but I know they use it in some of their other pieces, so for now it''s as good a guess as I can muster!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
ssartite
Pink Sapphire
Blue Sapphire
Tanzanite
Aquamarine (my personal fav)

I think I nearly passed out just now.
6.gif
Did you somehow take these pictures in the store.....or did you buy all of them
27.gif
lol!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my Legacy in tanzanite. This is why I think the fourth could be tanzanite.

mylegacytanzanite.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2008 6:03:38 PM
Author: Isabelle
Here is my Legacy in tanzanite. This is why I think the fourth could be tanzanite.
What a stunning ring!

My guesses are:

Tourmaline - but a wild card could be Emerald (although unlikely because it''s too clear)!
Spessartite
Pink Sapphire
Sapphire
Tanzanite
Aquamarine

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Thank y''all for posting the Legacy colors
36.gif

I can''t decide between the green tourmaline (top picture) or the aqua (bottom picture).....which do you like the best? I haven''t seen either one in person yet.

Lori

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Wow...beautiful rings. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Green tourmaline
Spessartite garnet
Pink sapphire
Tanzanite
Purple sapphire or purple spinel

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I''m going to say...

Emerald
Spess
Pink Sapphire
Blue sapphire
Tanzanite

Love the photos, no matter what they are
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I really want that spess on....OMG how beautiful is it
30.gif
30.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
When do we get the quiz results?? LOL :)

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/26/2008 3:13:43 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Tourmaline

Spessartite

Pink Sapphire

Blue Sapphire

Tanzanite

Aquamarine (my personal fav)

I think I nearly passed out just now.
6.gif
Did you somehow take these pictures in the store.....or did you buy all of them
27.gif
lol!
The future wifey also likes the Aquamarine the best now too. I think I may have created a Tiffany monster by getting her a Novo e-ring. Two weeks ago she never owned a diamond....now she has a love for T&Co. and wants two Novo wedding bands and and Legacy RHR!

EthansMom

Rough_Rock
HAHA... Astack you little cheater!... I guess I forgot to mention, this is NOT an open book test!!
25.gif
And not only did you cheat, you passed out the answers to the entire class!! I guess this tells me what kind of student you were in school... "A GENEROUS CHEATER" no make that.. "THE KID WHO WANTED EVERYONE TO DO WELL"
31.gif

And no I did not forget the last one... Unfortunately they didn''t have any aqua''s that day....

And without further ado......

The ONLY person to get them all correct is *drumroll*..........

Date: 7/27/2008 2:50:53 AM
Author: fafa

Green tourmaline

Spessartite garnet

Pink sapphire

Tanzanite

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Green tourmaline
Spessartite
Pink sapphire
Tanzanite
Violet sapphire

Great Job FAFA... You get a [#1] sticker on your quiz!!
21.gif

Now let''s all BOW DOWN to fafa! "Oh hail fafa the great~ Hail~ HAAAAIIILLLL~~~"

LOL

Isabelle: Your Tanzanite is GORGEOUS
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Looks much better on your hand than my post-pregnancy chubby fingers!!
3.gif

Dreamgirl: OMG I WISH I owned all of them!! Jeesuz that would be my DREAM color collection!!! I''d be passing out every DAY when I''d walk by my jewelry box!!
22.gif

Thank you all for participating!! I''ll try to think up some more quizzes... (who can tell my dream carrer was to be a teacher???
25.gif
But alas no... ending up being a boring banker........
15.gif
)

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
What a fun quiz!

Question for you....do the aqua Legacy rings come in different colors? I''ve heard of blue/green stones and the lighter blue stones. Which are better?

Lori

EthansMom

Rough_Rock
Hi Lori!

Thanks!!
21.gif

And I''m not sure if they come with the blue/green tint, but the first time I saw it at Tiff''s the blue was pretty similar to the picture that Astack posted from the Tiffany website. They did have the aqua Legacy pendant when I was there... Also the same light blue without any green tint.

I think they sales associate mentioned something about how a lot of people like the aqua''s because the blue was similar to the "Tiffany blue" so I would think they try to maintain the blue throughout... But I cant be sure... Never say never!! If your looking for one with the blue/green tint, I''d call and ask if they will have them or I can even call my associate if you want....

Lemme know~!!!

Josie

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Josie!
21.gif

Another PS''er has the blue/green aqua Legacy.....that''s where I got the idea, but wasn''t sure if this was a "regular" thing or a special order. I need to go visit my Houston Tiffany Store, but will want everything I see...lol!

Lori

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Too too pretty . . . maybe someday Santa will bring me a pink sapphire Legacy if I am VERY VERY good.
17.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 3:09:46 AM
Author: EthansMom
HAHA... Astack you little cheater!... I guess I forgot to mention, this is NOT an open book test!!
25.gif
And not only did you cheat, you passed out the answers to the entire class!! I guess this tells me what kind of student you were in school... ''A GENEROUS CHEATER'' no make that.. ''THE KID WHO WANTED EVERYONE TO DO WELL''
31.gif

And no I did not forget the last one... Unfortunately they didn''t have any aqua''s that day....

And without further ado......

The ONLY person to get them all correct is *drumroll*..........

Date: 7/27/2008 2:50:53 AM

Author: fafa

Green tourmaline

Spessartite garnet

Pink sapphire

Tanzanite

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Green tourmaline

Spessartite

Pink sapphire

Tanzanite

Violet sapphire

Great Job FAFA... You get a [#1] sticker on your quiz!!

21.gif

Now let''s all BOW DOWN to fafa! ''Oh hail fafa the great~ Hail~ HAAAAIIILLLL~~~''

LOL

Isabelle: Your Tanzanite is GORGEOUS
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Looks much better on your hand than my post-pregnancy chubby fingers!!
3.gif

Dreamgirl: OMG I WISH I owned all of them!! Jeesuz that would be my DREAM color collection!!! I''d be passing out every DAY when I''d walk by my jewelry box!!
22.gif

Thank you all for participating!! I''ll try to think up some more quizzes... (who can tell my dream carrer was to be a teacher???
25.gif
But alas no... ending up being a boring banker........
15.gif
)

Josie, I am shocked that the last one is purple sapphire! I am also hugely relieved that it isn''t tanzanite! I would be most distressed if it were. I almost guessed purple sapphire, but then I didn''t think that Tiffany sold purple sapphire, so I didn''t guess that. GREAT quiz. Yes, you must do more of these. I loved it!! Thanks for your kind words about my ring. I love wearing it. Yours is GORGEOUS by the way. I think you have great taste in jewelry!

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Wow...I can''t believe I''m the winner. That was a fun game. Now you know how much time I spent on the color stones forum.
2.gif

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 3:09:46 AM
Author: EthansMom
25.gif
And not only did you cheat, you passed out the answers to the entire class!! I guess this tells me what kind of student you were in school... ''A GENEROUS CHEATER'' no make that.. ''THE KID WHO WANTED EVERYONE TO DO WELL''
31.gif

I didn''t post the answers. I just reposted the pictures from T&Co.''s website.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany isn''t listing the aqua Legacy ring on their website right now. I sent them an email and they confirmed it....didn''t say why, but I''m guessing that the demand is too high or else the price is going up!

Lori

EthansMom

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 1:09:37 AM
Author: loriken214
Tiffany isn''t listing the aqua Legacy ring on their website right now. I sent them an email and they confirmed it....didn''t say why, but I''m guessing that the demand is too high or else the price is going up!

Lori

Hey Lori, that IS weird... Maybe that''s why the store I went to didn''t have it anymore as well.... But it was there like two days before I bought my ring!!! Oh I hope you are able to find it~~~~~ *crosses fingers*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results