shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick Update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Just to let you patient ladies know. I bought a digital camera yesterday and should be posting pictures as soon as I figure it out!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I can''t wait to see them!
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Can you atleast describe it to us?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Same here! Which digital camera did you purchase?

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
I bought a Canon one...I can''t remember the model number though. It was about middle range.

The ring is so beautiful I cannot help staring at it. I didn''t think that I would be a fan of flourescence...but wow!

The centre stone is ~ 0.92 (I will patiently wait for an upgrade at 5 years...all I would like is about 1.50 carats), and it has 8, 1 pointers on each side of the band. It is 3mm thick in 18k white gold with a milled edge along the set of each 8 diamonds that are pave set. The prongs are really cool...I didn''t want actual claws so we went with a half bezel setting that is open on each side with a v that kind of is etched in. The band can sit flush with the wedding band which will be a single row wide.

I can''t wait for you to see it :)

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
sounds great

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see them, sounds beautiful!!!

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Arg!!! This is frustrating. I cannot figure out how to make the pictures come out clearly. You can barely see any detail. I tried different lighting, angles, macro...everything! What to do...sob
7.gif
15.gif
15.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it has to be in macro and for me, a beginner, natural daylight works best. the hard part is holding the camera very still, a slight movement will cause the pic to blur. normally your lucky to get a few good ones after taking what seems like a ton
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it!
35.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2005 6:48:51 PM
Author: mrssalvo
it has to be in macro and for me, a beginner, natural daylight works best. the hard part is holding the camera very still, a slight movement will cause the pic to blur. normally your lucky to get a few good ones after taking what seems like a ton
2.gif
I had such problems taking pictures until I got my new camera. Now I get every one in focus. My new camera has a super-macro, so I can get really, really close. Technology has come a long way since the early-digital-camera days.

You are right, Mrssalvo, about holding the camera still. The other day when I was taking new pics of my ring, my husband saw me trying to prop myself against the counter to hold still. He smiles and runs down to the basement and comes up with this thing called a "monopod" (?). If I did not live with a techno-geek, I don''t know how I''d manage.
9.gif
2.gif

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
DiLil....what kind of camera did you buy? I''ve never heard of super macro...maybe I should return mine:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results