shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick sizing trick

maxbookworm

Rough_Rock
Maybe you already know this trick but...

Here's the situation. I have a vintage eternity band that isn't resizable. It fits my left hand, but in a way that feels very risky (like it's going to slip off at any moment) and it fits my right hand well. I've considered sizing beads, but decided I don't want to solder anything onto this beautiful antique. I know it's supposed to be reversible, but I don't really want all that heat and hot metal touching my ring. I also want to keep the flexibility of wearing on either hand (I tend to wear it on my right most of the time, but like the left too).

So here's the trick: I cut a quarter inch piece of clear aquarium tubing, snipped the sharp corners, and stuffed it under my ring on the palm side. It's barely noticeably visually or the way it feels on my finger. And the ring fits on my left hand *much* more securely now.

Just thought I'd share :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great little trick.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MBW. Claire's also sells small pieces of clear tubing and but markets them as "ring snuggies", but I am sure your solution is less expensive and more customizable.

There are some jewelers with laser welders who can resize eternity rings. Quest Jewelers (www.questjewelers.com) is one of them. I tried one on in their store, and the mentioned it when I said I was hesitating buying one.

maxbookworm

Rough_Rock
pregcurious|1313718808|2993899 said:
Thanks MBW. Claire's also sells small pieces of clear tubing and but markets them as "ring snuggies", but I am sure your solution is less expensive and more customizable.

There are some jewelers with laser welders who can resize eternity rings. Quest Jewelers (www.questjewelers.com) is one of them. I tried one on in their store, and the mentioned it when I said I was hesitating buying one.

Interesting about the ring snuggies -- I might check that out. And that's good to know about the resizing too. I would never resize this band, but I always have trouble finding rings in my size, so I'll file that piece of info away...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results