shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick review of my final selection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DS1821

Rough_Rock
Looking for feedback on the following diamond. After help from this board, I just want to confirm that I have made a good choice. The cost is $17,400. Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated. It's a big decision for me.

I calc the HCA @ 1.5 (61.2/57/34.6/41.0/1)= (ex/vg/vg/vg)

GIA Cert.
round
7.69x7.72x4.76
1.70 carat
D color
VS2
Polish - EX
Sym - EX
Flor - none
Girdle - med
Culet - none

wndrful

Rough_Rock
Well, it looks good on HCA. To further confirm the quality, you can look at it through idealscope or/and brilliancescope.
Then again, for such a big purchase, why don't you send it to a good appraiser (there are several listed here and on diatalk.com) and get an expert visual/quantitative opinion? It will cost you few days and a little sum of money. What you will get is a peace of mind, for years to come. :))

wndrful

Rough_Rock
Well, couldnt edit my previous post. Just my two additional cents.
(I am just a really rough rock so take everything I say with a grain of salt and I must be repeating just about everything thats said on pricescope. But do bear with me.

I entered your diamond proportions on HCA, they look good. But if I twick pav angle a bit, the results aren't that great. How does that matter?

The numbers you have are averages, we don't know from averages, how far away are max-min of these angles and there are measurement errors of 0.1-0.2 degrees. HCA assumes that diamond is perfectly symmetric and then work on the averages and gives you a result. Thus you don't want to solely rely on HCA unless you are sure that the diamond is perfectly symmetric because it could happen that a particular crown/pav angle combination is way off and diamond could be leaking light. I am being a bit pessimistic here. But then it is better to be so since it is a big purchase and it is your hard-earned money.

I am sure you are using HCA as a first pass or last pass. In other words, using it in the elimination process or in the confirmation process and all these leaking light scenarios are either eliminated or will be spotted by an appraiser.

Can you get access to ideal-scope or brilliancescope results/images? That would tell you more things about the diamond. Do let us know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results