shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick question on sizing a trellis five stone ring?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How far down can you safely size a five stone trellis ring? It's a five stone with a plain band. I know it's sizable but by how much? 1 size down? 2 sizes down? Endless sizes? Thoughts?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe post a profile shot and tell the size it is now. Then maybe one of the jewelers will reply.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1469063808|4057785 said:
Maybe post a profile shot and tell the size it is now. Then maybe one of the jewelers will reply.

I don't want to post a pic yet as it is something I am considering purchasing right now. i know I would need to size it down at least 1.25 possible 1.5 smaller. Is that safe to do?

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Because of the structure of the trellis ring with five stones, I wouldn't venture to go more than one to 1.5 sizes down, and that would be after consulting directly with the bench. It may be something that is better off doing one size and then sizing balls.

BigSteve

Rough_Rock
Trade
Just agreeing with Melissa here. 1.5 to 2 sizes "max" unless you are willing to live with a ring that isn't round. you can go farther but you end up with sort of a D shaped ring because bending the shank any further than that will loosen the stones to the point that they can't be tightened easily or very well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Winks_Elf|1469066290|4057801 said:
Because of the structure of the trellis ring with five stones, I wouldn't venture to go more than one to 1.5 sizes down, and that would be after consulting directly with the bench. It may be something that is better off doing one size and then sizing balls.

That is an excellent option, Melissa! Sounds like it would be workable one way or the other!

Good luck!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to thank you all for the help! I should not need more than 1.25 sizes down so it sounds like I will be in the safe zone. I went ahead and purchased the ring. Fingers crossed all goes well. I'm really excited about this one!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats - can't wait to see pictures of it!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results