shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick question for customers of GOG/Mark Morrell

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RScowboy

Rough_Rock
One more question, if i may...
Here''s the deal. I''ve decided to buy a diamond from GOG, and their helpful staff has agreed to hold it until tomorrow (Mon.), the day they open after vacation. I''d like to have all my ducks in a row to be able to purchase that day, but have a few things to sort out. Anyone who''s purchased from GOG and then had Mark Morrell craft the ring might be able to shed some light on this subject.

1) Did you have Jonathan ship the diamond directly to Mark, or did it go through an appraiser 1st? If the latter is true, i need to have that money available too, i suppose. However, GOG states that there are 2 comppies of apprasal with the diamond, so i''m not sure that step is a necessary one.

2) Will Mark accept a shipment directly from GOG, or does he require it to go through an appraiser?

3) Did you do a final apprasal between Mark and yourself? Is this even possible on a set diamond?

I know these are questions i need to ask GOG and Mark respectivly, but i havn''t been able to talk to GOG this weekend and Mark in over a week. So i''m just wondering how i can best prepare for tomorrow and the days following. Of course i''ll be in contact with both partys tomorrow, but i''m just looking for some preliminary advice today so i can start moving money where it needs to go... etc.
Thanks for any and all advice.
RS

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'd suggest you check with Mark before doing anything. I got in touch with him over Thanksgiving weekend about crafting a custom setting for my engagement ring, and he advised he couldn't take on any new projects until at least mid-January.

At this point, I'm sure he has a list of folks who've inquired in the last four weeks, so he may not be able to work with this right away.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
How would I do it?

GOG to Mark from Mark to Richard Sherwood then to me.

I feel that GOG provides eenough information that a pre-mounting inspection isnt that important.
He allready provides the information that would need it unmounted to get.

RScowboy

Rough_Rock
aljdewey,

i've been in contact with Mark since before Thanksgiving, so i doubt that will be a problem. I'm well aware of him being booked through mid to late Jan. Thanks for the heads up, however.

strmrdr,

thanks, that's perfect information. I'll just have to check with Mark tomorrow and make sure everything's ok, but i'll assume that i'm all set to purchase otherwise.

Thanks again for the input.

Anyone else with suggestions or opinions, feel free to post them!!

RS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results