shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick question about Tacori rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

drivesafe

Rough_Rock
Trade
Are there places that sell Tacori rings cheaper then others? Are they negotiable?
The price my local jeweler quoted me was the same price I’ve found online $4420.00

Style 2502RDP75

http://www.tacori.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/2502RDP75_alt.jpg

Thanks in advance!
36.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 10:26:28 PM
Author:drivesafe
Are there places that sell Tacori rings cheaper then others? Are they negotiable?
The price my local jeweler quoted me was the same price I’ve found online $4420.00

Style 2502RDP75

Thanks in advance!
36.gif
yes, some places sell them cheaper than others. If they are negotiable depends on the jeweler and how much their markup is, I guess.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/5/2009 10:39:28 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Date: 4/5/2009 10:26:28 PM

Author:drivesafe

Style 2502RDP75

Thanks in advance!
36.gif

yes, some places sell them cheaper than others. If they are negotiable depends on the jeweler and how much their markup is, I guess.

The jeweler doesn''t set the prices for Tacori generally. Tacori sets the price and the jeweler is not supposed to discount that price. There can be exceptions however.

RBsearch

Rough_Rock
I found the same prices at multiple jewelers. However, I have heard that some models can be found on overstock.com for a discount, so you could check there.

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
I have a Tacori and from what I remember, the jeweller must quote Tacori''s list price.....however....... if you buy the stone from them, they usually massage the numbers and sell it to you as a "package" with the setting ultimately being discounted. I think that''s the only way they can get around Tacori''s pricing policy.

This is my setting but I have a 1.17 asscher...

l_ht%202272.jpg

drivesafe

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks guys! i''ll be looking again this weekend.

My local jeweler has a Tacori showing event in a few weeks. I believe i get 100 bux off during the event!

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
I''d email or call goodoldgold.com as they were helpful when I was looking at tacori settings
2.gif
They might be able to discount the stone some but contacting them directly is best

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
same thing with Mark from ERD.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
As an authorized Tacori dealer, I can tell you that Tacori prices are generally not negotiable because the minimum selling price is established by Tacori - the dealers are required to sell for the minimum price, but may sell for a higher price - why anybody would try to sell for a higher price when prices can so easily be checked on the internet is beyond me.

Pay close attention to the style number and details of the piece being advertised or quoted because minor variations in a style number can have a dramatic effect on price. A lot of dealers advertise the most basic version of a Tacori style number in order to capture the interest of a client and then revise the price based on additional information and options. Understanding how Tacori breaks down the style number is a great asset to clients...

For instance, Tacori 2502RDP75 breaks down like this:

2502 = the basic style reference
RD = Round
P = Pave
75 is actually 7.5 mm which dictates that the center stone must measure between 7.2 - 8.0 mm in diameter.

If you happen to want a center stone of a different size, let''s say a one carat round, then you would need 2502-RD-P-6.5 but might not know that since 2502RDP75 happens to be the one advertised. Needless to say there is a difference in price... So the best way to shop for a Tacori ring is to send a vendor an email saying "I like the look of Tacori 2502RDP75 and would like to know how much it would cost for a one carat round center stone in X metal and a finger size of X"

And expect the price to be the same amongst Tacori dealers online or in a store because as I''ve said, Tacori sets the minimum selling price of their merchandise and a Tacori dealer can lose their line (read not be allowed to order) if they sell below the minimum advertised price. This practice is pretty standard amongst designer lines in my experience, I''m not saying that I condone it, it''s just the way it is (there''s a line to read between).

KeepItSecret

Rough_Rock
Yes. I know of at least two places. The well known jewelers on this forum will not discount a Tacori setting unless you purchase a stone from them also. Even with stone purchase the discount isn''t as much as some jewelers who will discount the setting alone. Most discounts are done in a creative marketing type of way.

THE DISCOUNT WILL NEVER BE ADVERTISED OR EMAILED. CALL AROUND.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Try Collections Fine Jewelry. 1-800-779-3207. My absolutely favorite jewelry store!

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
My jeweler discounted my setting and all I bought was the setting (of course, with the premise that I would be buying the wedding bands from them also).

Just find a trustworthy jeweler who is willing to bat for you (most important) and one who is willing to work with you on an important purchase!

I have seen a jeweler offer me 20% off, but I went with one who offered me less discount but better service.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results