shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick question about Leo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peterpan

Rough_Rock
Just a quick question,

does anyone know if the Leo diamond comes in a higher clarity than SI1 and a better colour than H/I

Ive been looking at them on Earnst & Jones website (UK) and they seem to all be this quality, I would prefer a higher quality stone.

Many thanks

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi!

This is really bizzare. I went looking, "assuming" that certainly they must offer higher color and clarity (I''ve never searched their stones before) And what I found is rather incredible. I went to both Kay''s and Jared''s. I looked at rings with rounds and princess both, same with pendants. Every single one was listed at H-I, Si1-SI2. So to answer your question, I have no idea!
scratchhead.gif

I''d write the company and ask them. Unless someone else chimes in with a definitive answer.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Weird!

I have no idea. But that kind of makes me laugh.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen Leos in G color - not sure if I've seen them higher than SI1. Interesting, though, that a one carat I color Leo is the same price as an H color Leo stone. A friend of mine was in the market for one - she later decided on an ideal cut though - and she was told that you could order in a certain size stone but could not specify color. What comes in is what you get! I guess that marketing strategy works for them - it's very strange to me!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I own two Leo stones. One is a .50, E, VS2 and the other (in my ering) is a .80 G, SI2. The smaller stone has more sentimental value than the bigger one because it was the first diamond that my DH ever gave me. It is beautiful - always sparkly no matter what lighting conditions. The .80 is also a beautiful stone, but I think my ering setting does not do it justice. Good luck in your search for a diamond!
35.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 9:43:36 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I have seen Leos in G color - not sure if I've seen them higher than SI1. Interesting, though, that a one carat I color Leo is the same price as an H color Leo stone. A friend of mine was in the market for one - she later decided on an ideal cut though - and she was told that you could order in a certain size stone but could not specify color. What comes in is what you get! I guess that marketing strategy works for them - it's very strange to me!

I also think it's really strange...but seems to work oddly enough. Good marketing I guess? I wouldn't buy one for sure (now that I know better).

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 9:43:36 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I have seen Leos in G color - not sure if I''ve seen them higher than SI1. Interesting, though, that a one carat I color Leo is the same price as an H color Leo stone. A friend of mine was in the market for one - she later decided on an ideal cut though - and she was told that you could order in a certain size stone but could not specify color. What comes in is what you get! I guess that marketing strategy works for them - it''s very strange to me!
When DH and I picked out the stone for my ring we were told something similar. It was interesting for sure.

DH picked out the .50 on his own and did an excellent job. I honestly think that the smaller stone is a better cut quality than the larger stone and that''s why it seems to sparkle more.

We picked the .80 together and although it is a nice stone my ering setting does not allow much light through so I don''t think it gives the stone justice. Unfortunately that was long before I knew about PS - we could have done much better for the money we spent. That said, I''m very happy with both of my Leo stones and since there''s no upgrades waiting for me around the corner I just live vicariously through so many of my PS friends
3.gif

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
My Leo is a G color

I enjoy walking into Kay''s, Belden''s, and Jared and visiting the "Leos". They all have their specs printed right next to the ring so you can compare quickly.

It is very ODD that they are all priced the same. It doesn''t matter what specs you get, but if it is approx 1.0 ct it will be priced $6499.00 So, in our case we tried to find the best color, and largest faceup size we could find since the price would be the same regardless.

Also, I was in Kays yesterday, and they mentioned that their biggest sale is in June where they offer 10% Leos... but we met with the store manager when we bought ours and we got 20%. Just something to consider when you think about bargaining.

(I know Leo''s are not for everyone, especially not on this site, but I sure love the way mine has all these skinny sparkles!! And boy does it sparkle!!)

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
I don''t post often but thought I would chime in, I had a Leo but just recently sold it. I met the person that I was selling it too at Kays so that he could verify the stone and look at it under the scope. The stone that I sold was a VS2, and the sales lady told us that they no longer carry VS stones in the store, they only carry SI1 and SI2 and if a customer wanted a VS stone they could order it in however, it would cost more to get that quality. I''m not sure about a higher color as I wasn''t there to purchase anything, so I didn''t ask any questions. Just thought I would share....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks to everyone for chiming in! Strange.... I wonder how many pieces I would have had to click on before I got a higher color?
hmmm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results