shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick question about Daniel M settings...

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone, I love the craftsmanship of Daniel M but my last quote for a simple 14k gold setting was over $300 due to the increased price of gold and due to a tight budget I wondered if having a sterling silver band with a gold head will cut the cost down a lot?

Has anyone done this and can give me a rough idea of the cost? Eg. Yellow or rose gold prongs but the rest in silver...

Thanks very much :wavey:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im with you on these gold settings, they are pricey. :blackeye: But if you email Caren, the changes you'd like to make,( gold head silver shank) she will give you a quote so you can compare the difference.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The last time I did this with Daniel M (14k rose gold bezel and silver shank for my liquid flower sapphire), it was about $135 if I remember correctly. Gold has gone up even more since then, and my stone was pretty small (5mm or so), so I think you might expect a quote around $150ish.

ETA: Almost all of my pieces are 2-tone these days, if not 100% silver. In the past few years, the only gold rings I've been able to afford have been from the Chinese Ebay stores like LOGR and Lanbo.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my ring made earlier this year, it is sterling silver band and 14K rose gold prongs and I think the total was around $150-$160.

tourmaline 033.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results