Votes: 9 42.9%
  • 2. 14k Yellow

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think yellow will only bring out the brown undertones. Yellow will make it seem more crisp.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
18KT yellow, or at least a 18KT yellow head and WG shank. PlatinumRock set her peachy diamond in YG, and I think it brings out the color nicely, and doesn't show the brown.

I think white metal would emphasize any brown in the stone.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
18K yellow, agree. It would make the color of the stone pop more.

MontageCreations

Rough_Rock
Trade
I voted for YG, I almost always do for colored stones, unless they are blue or have blue secondaries. Another to consider is green gold, it is often a better choice for stones with brown tones as it counters that color quite well, don't know how it would look with your skin tone, but it usually compares well with skin tones that look good with YG.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'd go with white. I also think yellow would bring out the brown tone.

ETA: Didn't think of green gold; actually, that's supposed to be really nice with peachy-pink stones. You could do a silver/WG shank with a green or yellow gold head. But I think I still like white best.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for yellow, although I actually think you could do either. I just think the yellow gold would make the pink pop more, and minimize the brown/grey.

Or you could do undipped white gold.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to Google Images and found this image, among others. I really liked the peach morganite with the 14K yellow gold. I am sure I would like it with 18K yellow gold, too! I was actually searching for images of peach colored stones in high karat gold. I had wondered how that would look!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

14KYellowGoldPeachMorganite.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MakingTheGrade|1306960391|2935621 said:

MakingThe Grade-

I just clicked on your other thread, which I hadn't seen, and saw your gem collection. I nearly died of envy! Did you have to leave all those beautiful jewels unset so that they would look as if they just spilled out of a treasure chest? Maybe it would be even worse if you had already set them; I don't know. It seemed as if you had all my favorite colors! I wanted the coral colored one badly, but I had just recently decided that a mint garnet must be the most gorgeous stone on earth! Why did I ever start coming to Colored Stones anyway? Growing up I used to like only rubies and emeralds! Even diamonds weren't a big deal to me and sapphires (blue ones) were far behind. Who had ever heard of a spinel?

What happened to me?

Congratulations on your beautiful stones and your superb taste!

Deb/AGBF

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I voted YG and I agree that 18k would be the way to go. I would also suggest (if you are willing to spend the extra money) to upgrade the diamonds so they are nice and white against the yellow gold.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thanks AGBF! Both for the photo and the compliment on my collection!

Yeah...I have an embarrassing number of unset stones at the moment, including a heavenly rubellite and lovely blue spinel. But I'm working on it!
Haha, funnily enough, I've actually put up all those other loose gems for sale just because I don't think I'll get around to setting them. I only have so many fingers! But if they don't sell I'm happy to just have them to look at and play with.

Hmmm...I think I may be leaning towards yellow gold at this point based on the above opinions.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone here have a photo of LOGR's 18k yellow gold compared to 14k?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earlier in the thread I posted a photo of a ring with a peach morganite stone set in 14K yellow gold. Here is one set in white gold.

Deb/AGBF

MorganiteWithWhite1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a second peach morganite stone ring made of white gold.

AGBF

MorganiteWithWhite2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MakingTheGrade|1306979080|2935850 said:
Does anyone here have a photo of LOGR's 18k yellow gold compared to 14k?

I don't have a pic of this next to 14K LOGR gold, but I think it's more buttery. This is my LOGR 18K gold setting. There's a lot of metal showing here, so you can see it well.

TLtrillionspessLOGRprofile.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
colorluvr|1306979031|2935848 said:
I would also suggest (if you are willing to spend the extra money) to upgrade the diamonds so they are nice and white against the yellow gold.

I agree.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results