shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick poll- Can you tell what this is?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Need help with a project. Can you tell what this is at first glance? I am trying to make a sort of logo or icon for a party. It will be on the invites etc. But the more I stare at it, the less convinced I am that other''s will get it.

green1234mia.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Did you get it? It''s a hat, but more specifically, it''s supposed to be a mad hatter''s hat. Does it work?

Thanks so much for your opinion.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A leprechaun hat?

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
oooh see that''s what I am talking about... didn''t even think of that. It''s a mad hatter hat, but the colors for the party are green and blue, so that''s why it''s green! Maybe I''ll have to change it to blue...

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
At first, I thought it was a top hat. But since Aprilbaby asked if it''s a leprechaun hat, that''s what I think about. I like the top-hat idea, but I''m not sure if green is the best color. When I think of parties, I think of confetti, balloons, ribbons, champagne, lots of colors and party hats (the cone shaped ones with ribbons on top). Somehow, I don''t think of green top hats.

I see yellows, blues, oranges, reds and pinks in pastel. What other colors are you considering? Call me crazy, but I totally see your top hat in yellow with white polka dots. Or a peppermint stripe.
37.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
At first glance, I thought, "top hat," then I realized it was the Mad Hatter''s hat (before you said so).

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, too green, especially since it''s near St. Patrick''s day!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be better in blue, and possibly with a contrasting-color band, but I was definitely able to tell what it was
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 7:55:25 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I think it would be better in blue, and possibly with a contrasting-color band, but I was definitely able to tell what it was
1.gif

I agree- blue with the lime band would look great! And if you want to emphasize its "madness," maybe lime green polka dots all over it?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 7:30:11 PM
Author: mia1181
oooh see that''s what I am talking about... didn''t even think of that. It''s a mad hatter hat, but the colors for the party are green and blue, so that''s why it''s green! Maybe I''ll have to change it to blue...
that is what I would do because I was thinking of St. Patty''s

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha thanks guys!

The actual shade of green I was planning on using is "Chartreuse." It''s a yellow-greenish color. Not necessarily the color above. I was just playing with colors is photoshop and must have saved it in that color, without thinking of it. Either way that hat and green does = St. Patty''s Day.

So I''ll use blue.

Here is the color scheme for the party:

paperscrapmia.JPG

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I like that color scheme!

Maybe to make it more Mad-Hatter-ish, you could draw in the little tag? I think it says "In This Style 10/6" or something along those lines.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MissKitty- I tried it but couldn''t get it to look right.

The party is actually a bridal shower so I am trying to keep it as grown-up as possible. So I am shooting for a really basic approach basically hats and tea and I think the color scheme is the "mad" part. The party decor is going to be very whimsical with paper lanterns and a topsy turvy cake. Well here let me post the collage I mae for a post in BWW...

mshowins1.JPG

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love the cake! It looks awesome.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
And this is what I need the image of the hat for. I want to do a similar teacup for the invitation but with a mad hat as the tea bag tag (is that what it''s called?)

541434750_0834885413_m.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 8:33:03 PM
Author: misskitty
I love the cake! It looks awesome.
Thanks. Well, it''s photoshopped but you get the idea. I''ve given the baker a lot of creative freedom for the actual design on the cake so hopefully it will be cute!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the two-toned mad hatter hat, and I very quickly (and poorly) tried to give a visual..

green1234MOD.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a mad hatters party.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
A leprechaun's tophat

eta~ See, I posted right away and didn't read any responses. Now, I see that it's a mad hatter's hat, but it wasn't my first impression. What if you added something like the "2/3" or whatever was written on the hat in Alice in Wonderland?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I love the color scheme and accesories! The blues and greens really go well with the neutral colors.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought tophat. I think that the two tone thing would be good.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I thought st. patty's day hat at first. If it's mad hatter, could you add blue around the ribbon of the hat? Crazy color combos would make me think of mad hatter more...

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a leprechaun''s top hat!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
If you buy it off istock (since I can see you saved this original from there) it should be in vector form and very easy to change color. I''d definitly go with blue with a lime green band!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
MonkeyPie- How do you change the color of a vector in PS?

The hat is actually originally black, but I changed it to green. I made a new layer and then filled it with a color and then chose "screen" in the drop-down blending menu. Is there a better way than that?

I think I will just stick with blue, because the border of the invitation will be the patterned paper above, so I think there will already be too many colors going on.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a Leprechaun hat.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I love your color scheme! I''ve really been into blue and green lately. So much that I might try to convince FI to use them as wedding colors. So refreshing!
Mini Thread-jack: Are you planning on using the chinese paper lanterns as decor?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Top hat... green for st pattys?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 7:30:11 PM
Author: mia1181

What about making the hat black and photoshopping the ribbon to be blue and green stripes?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I thought it was a hat. In fact, it reminded me of some of the crazy felt art hats that a friend who is a felt artist makes. Here is a link to some photos that could give you some ideas for you logo. I particularly like this one with the hummingbirds.
9.gif

Hummingbird hat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results