shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick - Need your help on sapphire bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, Julia just sent me two options and she wants to finish my piece tonight
36.gif
yay! but here is the dilemma...

Do you like the two strands or three strands look?

Julia says she likes the three, but I''m not too sure, I like the "less" is more look with the two?

your thoughts?

bracelet dt 1009.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s very pretty. I would go for the 3 strand if you want it to be very dressy. I personally would go with the 2 strand but I''m a very casual person and I''d want to wear it alot! I also think that the stones may be too small to go with the 3 strand the way it''s layed out.

Just my opinion and I''m not a jewelry designer.
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 9:35:51 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
That's very pretty. I would go for the 3 strand if you want it to be very dressy. I personally would go with the 2 strand but I'm a very casual person and I'd want to wear it alot! I also think that the stones may be too small to go with the 3 strand the way it's layed out.

Just my opinion and I'm not a jewelry designer.
9.gif
Thank you SH.... I'm totally with you on the two strands as that was what I also envisioned, and want to be able to wear as I too am more casual. But when she suggested three strands instead
40.gif
I started second guessing...

ETA: thanks for confirming what I had initially thought of going with...TWO strands!!!! I just let Julia know that I wanted the more casual look of the two strands ...whew!!

Thanks SH for weighing in
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so flattered that I could help you. I just LOVE all of the jewelry you''ve posted. It''s always something I would enjoy wearing. That''s why I gave you MY opinion.

And I look forward to the thread on this bracelet when it arrives!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I personally like the two strand- that is more my style too!

Regardless it will be beautiful!

Thank you.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You already made your decision but I wanted to add my vote to 2 strands too. I think it''ll just be more versatile, can be worn casually but also dressed up as well. I''m really liking your bracelet, can''t wait to see the final piece!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sarah and Babeblue for your vote!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 3 strand look because it''s a little edgier and punkier. Because that''s me! But it might not be you, haha.

I''d say just go with gut instinct on which you like better.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
That''s a hard one! I like it both ways.

I might prefer the three strand, but the two strand is nice too.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dangit. I''m late to vote. Can''t wait to see it-it''s gonna be puuuurty!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG, Glitterata and Packrat! thanks for stopping in though! yep two strands it is
36.gif

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Can I say something?:) Yap I agree 2 strands looks better for casual wearing. But the 3 strands definitely looks more ''balance'' with the rather heavy looking sapphire:) 3 strands does look more dressy too.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 11:16:12 PM
Author: chictomato
Can I say something?:) Yap I agree 2 strands looks better for casual wearing. But the 3 strands definitely looks more ''balance'' with the rather heavy looking sapphire:) 3 strands does look more dressy too.
Great point about the visual balance on the three strands chictomato. I didn''t think of that, I guess when I saw it, there was "too much" chain so to speak for me personally

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I think that the two chain bracelet looks as equally balanced as the three chain. The stones will be set between the two chains. The two chain, IMO, makes the stones pop more than the three. I see the three as having too much metal and not showing off those blue beauties.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Late to the party, but I like the 2-strand look.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oo i'm late to the party too!! I prefer the 3 strand look...looks more balanced imo, but that may just be the photo :) Also I think you should be able to dress it up or down either way you choose it. Whichever way you choose it will be a very pretty bracelet!
5.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The double strand looks very feminine, delicate and perfect for everyday wear. The 3 strand has that “look at me” impact which not many can pull off as an everyday wear bracelet.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Risingsun, Jstarfireb, Deia, Chrono - thank you much! ladies for your thoughts as well... yeah, I''m not very good at pulling off the "look at me jewelry
3.gif
" hehee -

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darn too late to vote!

I would go three strand, but I like look at me jewelry (and I''d wear it with jeans too!
9.gif
)

-A

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2009 10:39:03 AM
Author: Arcadian
Darn too late to vote!

I would go three strand, but I like look at me jewelry (and I''d wear it with jeans too!
9.gif
)

-A
haha... you''ll have to start a colored stone bracelet project too.. the "look at me kind"
3.gif
31.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the look of the two strands, I can''t wait to see how it turns out!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 3:34:14 PM
Author: Burberrygirl

I missed the voting, but ditto!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2009 3:34:14 PM
Author: Burberrygirl
Thanks Burberrygirl

Novel... you see my dliemma with my ering
9.gif
..lol what can I say- I like square and round stuff together
31.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I understand
1.gif
. I''m definitely getting a better sense of your likes and dislikes! I have two bracelets similar to this one that were high school graduation gifts (with small diamonds - one from my grandmother, one from her ex-husband, my grandfather. Funny, ex spouses giving similar gifts, but anyway), and its strange, though they both have similar designs, for curvy and straight lines to work well together, I think they have to be done in a certain way to look good. Which, clearly, Julia''s will.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I imagine that anyone with any degree of design in their background will tell you 3 is better than 2 (designers prefer odd numbers to even). Personally, I''d like to see 3, but with the outer two being smaller than the middle one (or maybe even vice versa).

Whatever you do D&T, it''s going to be a very lovely bracelet.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/15/2009 4:28:53 PM
Author: Gailey
I imagine that anyone with any degree of design in their background will tell you 3 is better than 2 (designers prefer odd numbers to even). Personally, I''d like to see 3, but with the outer two being smaller than the middle one (or maybe even vice versa).

Whatever you do D&T, it''s going to be a very lovely bracelet.
Hey yeah you are right on this. I had a design background
2.gif
And I voted for 3.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love the bezeled sapphires, they are very grand looking.
30.gif
Personally I would like a single, simpler and a little thicker gold chain , maybe like this, but in proportion to your bezels.
9.gif

zahav_2076_15755049.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Gailey heehee..I love art and design... alas I fall short of the design degree but interesting concept though
1.gif

Lovinggems... I too thought of one strands, but for some reason, felt that the stones would flip a bit so I think Julia thought it would also.

However just a sneak peak at how its coming along
36.gif

She still has to bezel the sapphires and put the clasp on....
36.gif

bracelet dt 10091.JPG

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 9:11:13 AM
Author: D&T
Thanks Gailey heehee..I love art and design... alas I fall short of the design degree but interesting concept though
1.gif

Lovinggems... I too thought of one strands, but for some reason, felt that the stones would flip a bit so I think Julia thought it would also.

However just a sneak peak at how its coming along
36.gif

She still has to bezel the sapphires and put the clasp on....
36.gif

It''s going to be gorgeous. Are you going to design matching earrings and pendant?
11.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2009 9:21:53 AM
Author: Lovinggems

It''s going to be gorgeous. Are you going to design matching earrings and pendant?
11.gif
THanks LG- enabling ehh
31.gif
11.gif

I haven''t thought about those...hmmm mabye on my next project list
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results