shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick Advice...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NeedHelp

Rough_Rock
I have a budget of about $3200
I want a quality rock that will look great.
I see stones from .75ct to 1ct in this price range.
I have an I SI1 on hold that is .93ct around 6.3mm width
Something is telling me I should get a higher color stone with a smaller mm width and it will look better.
I guess my question is how much of a difference is there between say 6.0mm and 6.3mm widths?

biscuit

Rough_Rock
hi needhelp!

A few thoughts...

Based on your post, it seems that your criteria for selecting your diamond are:
1. Size Size Size
2. Color
3. Clarity
4. Cost (ie less than $3200)

Based on what most diamond experts and lovers would say, the importance of criteria should be as follows:

1. CUT CUT CUT
2. Color
3. Clarity
4. Carat (size)
5. Cost

As far as I could tell from your post, you didn't mention cut at all, and yet cut will determine the most about your diamond. Ideally, you should pick a diamond within your price range based on cut, color and clarity, and that will determine the size. A beautifully cut diamond above 1/2ct will catch eyes, where a larger, poorer cut rock will look like poop. Think about it...the larger the rock, the more obvious it will be...if you settle on cut or color or clarity just to get a larger rock, then that means people will have more ugly rock to look at. Sacrifice a few .1 millimeters of diameter and get the best cut available.

I just found the following rock by doing a quick search in your price range...chances are it would be no less than .2 mm smaller than the .93ct you're looking at - .2mm! That's nothing! It is AGS certified (one of the best), and has the top graded cut, top graded symmetry, and top graded polish...and AGS Ideal Cut:

0.8ct
H
SI1
62.3% tot depth
56%
AGS 000

id symmetry
id polish
no culet
$2929

Just my .02 worth...hope it helps. Have fun!
:praise:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results