shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick advice wanted on emerald cab

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I kinda want an emerald cab and I saw this and have it on hold. But I know nothing about emerald cabs! I can see this is not perfect, but I like the color and the ring is a good price, in plat with 1cttw oec diamonds. Need quick feedback from those more knowledgeable please! I Can't spend a fortune right now, and this had a nice glow in the video. Buy or pass?

20200604_133933.jpg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. You are buying it as a ring, not just to get the emerald?
Have you run your fingernail over the top of the emerald to check for any chips or fissures? These aren’t the end of the world but if there are any use it to get a price reduction.
The colour of the emerald is lovely and the ring setting very beautiful, I’d say yes.
Does it fit your finger? Resizing can be expensive, needing laser cuttiing. Emeralds are generally “unset” for any work, they don’t handle heat or jewellers pickle.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
The ring is online, so I can't see it in person. Close ups show some little pits on top, but nothing that scares me(?). But I wasn"t sure if it was total junk even though I like the color.
I really appreciate any input @Bron357 , I know you know your gems!
Here's a blown up pic. What do you think? 20200604_133726.png

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Seller says no cracks or fissures, no dyes, no treatments at all. Just a few pits, as seen. OECs are all 4mm+, eye clean.
Emerald is 8x7, about 2 carats.

Anyone ??

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Seller says no cracks or fissures, no dyes, no treatments at all. Just a few pits, as seen. OECs are all 4mm+, eye clean.
Emerald is 8x7, about 2 carats.

Anyone ??

Good return policy? I think give it a try. It's a good color to my personal preference.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring itself is great - the emerald is a nice color and has some transparency but seems to have a lot of cavities and surface-reaching cracks - if there's a good return policy and you feel the price is fair, it would be worth seeing in person - it may well look better IRL - if you want to wear the ring "as is," perhaps the return period and your geographic area allows for the examination of the emerald by a knowledgeable lapidary or CS expert to confirm its condition?

eta: just saw your post above re: seller saying no cracks ... maybe that's true? Based on the photos (particularly the first one showing the underside of the cab) I'd have said for sure it has feathers, but the vendor has it in hand then he should know.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Honestly the price is worth it just for the diamonds to me. He said they believe it is Columbian, has a good glow and doesn't get dark like African stones. Indoor pic below, he said not as blue as photo, but true color hard to capture with emeralds.
20200604_212109.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results