shape
carat
color
clarity

quick advice needed - flourescense or color?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vest

Rough_Rock
I have 2 diamonds in the final stages of consideration, and they are priced $3 differently. Almost all of the details are the same, the main difference (which may be mostly opinion, which i don''t know enough to have) is ...
1 is F , with EX polish, and strong flour.
2 is G , with VG polish, and no flour.

I feel like I am not concerned about flour, however if i receive it and it is hazy or cloudy I suppose I would have to return it. If those of you who know better what you are doing could just give me their gut feeling about sacraficing on polish AND color to avoid the strong flour. I would be so thankful.

(also, should i be weary when the site i am ordering from offers a copy of GIA for one stone, but not the other? They are both GIA cert ... but the G stone''s cert is shown.)

robbe

Shiny_Rock
hello vest,

avoid strong fluor is my advise.

not all but many strong fluos are 'overblue' and you are taking a chance of having a cloudish or oilish looking diamond, especially in sunny daylight.

good luck, robbe

robbe

Shiny_Rock
...for nightclubing however strong fluor is perfect !

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
It would really need to be calling my name for me to buy a strong fluor stone. And even then I'd look it over and over in all kinds of light.

If it is an internet purchase I'd give the strong blue a pass. Maybe you can find an F color with no (or little) fluor in your price range. Lots o' fish in the sea.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
An F w/ strong blue may or may not be to your likeing. It will have a sort of "glow" about it.

Why isn't the first one certed? It may actually be an I w/ strong blue fluor.

I usually tout the blue fluor stones; but, there is something missing from either your description or the information the dealer is giving you.

vest

Rough_Rock
thanks for all of your help ...

as for the certs, i may have been unclear. they both have GIA certifications, however there is a link to a scanned copy of the first stone's cert, but no link to the second. in looking through the site, about 3/4 of them seem to have a link to the cert, maybe there's something not given in the basic details of the diamond that would make buyers avoid the stone? would GIA comment on the flour's affect on the diamond in the "comments" section?

maybe i'll just go with the G stone, she'll never be able to tell once it's on her finger ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results