shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick advice needed - before it''s too late!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Not so sure

Rough_Rock
G''day from Australia,

I''ve put a deposit down on a stone (from a wholesaler) and although I know it''s not a perfect cut, I want to know if the price is reasonable as I intend to pay the balance this week!

The only specs I have are:

Round brilliant, 0.85 carats, GIA certified

Colour: F
Clarity: VS2

Measurements: 5.93 - 6.02 x 3.76mm
Depth: 62.9%
Table: 61%
Girdle: Slightly thick to thick
Culet: None
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: Medium blue

Price: AU$5,300 (incl tax), roughly US$3,440

Appreciate the help - I don''t want to feel duped after I''ve paid for it!

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
I have an H,VS1,.84 RB with 61 depth and 61 table diamond looking like yours..

However, your diamond is cut a little bit deeper...

You know your diamond doesnt have the Ideal proportions... however, maybe you're type
of guy who likes diamonds with big tables..that's my case..

The crucial thing that you need to know before buying is to have an idea of what
are the pavilion and crown angles..get a sarin on this diamond or at least a subjective
evaluation of these parameters by a gem guy.

Now for the price : a diamond like this should not carry a premium on it. The price looks good (not
very good).
Maybe try to get a 10% discount.. Always try to bargain.

Hope this helps,

Trichrome.

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
I just saw that taxes are included in the price.. so the price is very good.

Feel confident to buy it. However, get that cut information before buying.

Trichrome.

Not so sure

Rough_Rock
Thanks Trichrome,

Unfortunately, I don't have the pavilion or crown angles as this wasn't specified on the cert. All I know is when I tried to view the Hearts and Arrows, there weren't any arrows (the dealer conceded this too). The hearts seemed ok.

I feel the bargaining position is kinda weak now, given a deposit has been paid. Wish I logged onto this site sooner!

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
You are not seeing any arrows at all??? Even some that are not perfect ?

This looks strange... Please, try to look again at this stone under 10x magnification..
Look at the table and try too find some arrows... in any diamonds, there are some arrows..
some look better than others..thats it.. you don`t need an H&A viewer for this..

Anyway, that wont help you in your quest for the cut.

If you like the diamond and find it brillant under NORMAL light, buy it. It's a good buy.

But I urge you to look at it under normal light, sunlight, and not jewelers light..

If you cant look at it outside, just put your hand over it to prevent direct illumination
of the diamond by the spotlights and have a look at it from the side. You'll see if its
a "dead" stone or a goog looking one.

Hope this helps,

Trichrome.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results