shape
carat
color
clarity

questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rough_Rock
This board has been very helpful for many people who stumbled in here by accident like myself.
Now I have a ring in mind and am looking for advice/help.
So here goes...
RB
GIA
1.32C
VS1
I
Culet: none
Girdle: medium to slightly thick, faceted
Polish: very good
Symmetry: very good
6.98-7.02-4.35
Crown angle: 35.9 degrees
Pavilion depth: 43.5%
Overall depth: 62.1%
Table: 59%
FLOURESENCE: strong blue...

So my BIG question is how do I know for sure if the strong blue fluorescence is hurting the diamond. I like the blue effect it has in sunlight…and I don’t think it looks; cloudy, milky, oily…or any of the terms I’ve read to watch for…Other then that, any advice on the specs/quality/value of the diamond would be very helpful...
Thank you,
PJK

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi 3 :)

If the diamond doesn't look cloudy, blue fluorescence should be beneficial 'cause it makes I color diamond look whiter.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
With a steep crown and a deep pavilion depth % (and likely an even deeper than ideal pavilion angle) I would be more concerned about the cut. Have you seen it through an idealscope?

The fluoro is an advantage, not a laiblitity.

jutdean

Rough_Rock
They should show what diamonds look like through an ideal scope over the internet. That might help the novice buyer out a lot. Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results