shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hello all, I''m a newbie here, to diamonds, to colored diamonds...I have a few questions and didn''t know if I could post such a question or where I should be posting said question but here goes nothing. I fell in love with colored diamonds recently and stumbled upon Pricescope. I''ve seen your many colored diamond collection and was wondering here you all buy your colored diamonds? Any trusted sites you buy colored diamonds from? The last question is, if I buy the lowest grade regular diamond, say a J or M color, will that give a yellowish look similar to a canary colored diamond? Sorry if my questions sound stupid. Thank you in advance for your help.

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Fancydiamonds.net is where I buy mine. And no, the color will not be similar to a fancy yellow.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
My understanding is that color grades of S to Z (or something like that) would provide you with a "faint" or "very light yellow" diamond at best. It has to be beyond Z to be called intense or vivid yellow. Grades you mention would get you a stone with a yellow tint i.e. just a hint of color, and it might also be light brown or grey (not all whites move towards yellow, so to speak).

P. S. Here, there are no stupid questions (but some sure were memorable
9.gif
).

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
I''m sure you know that diamonds are graded in color from letter "D" (most colorless) right down the alphabet to letter "Z," (most color, generally yellow or brown) then, into the fancy colors. It is quite possible to find a diamond that faces up "yellow" with a near-fancy look, in the W-X, Y-Z range, and often in the in U-V colors. Generally, the pricing will go up as you move from U-V toward the fancy colors. Regardless of a diamond''s color "grade," individual diamonds have very different color appearances, so it is important to see diamonds you are considering for yourself, or, find a trusted vendor. Also, there are many hues of yellow. Judicious choice and use of metals, as well as other gemstones, a great jewelry design, and talented setter will help to showcase any stone''s color to the max.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
One of Pricescope''s vendors has coloured diamonds. The owner posts as "Rockdiamond".

His company is called Diamonds by Lauren

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results