shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions on Squares

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RoughRider

Rough_Rock
Hi folks,
Well, my g/f and I have been discussing her e-ring and it turns out she really likes the Princess cut. I told her it isn't as "sparkly" as a RB, and she then read through several diamond education tutorials (Pricescope, GOG, Blue Nile and T & Co.). She is willing to sacrifice some brilliance for a more unique shape (squarish, not just the Princess).

I read cutnut's post to another Princess thread - "I would not use 'best' and Princess in the same sentence," so we looked at the "new squares" (QoH, Regent, Spring Cut, ...).

I can see why the Regent has good light return - it is almost a round. We've seen some pictures of these stones set, and the prongs don't cover the whole corner so you can really make out the shape. Anyway, we're not keen on the Regent.

The Queen of Hearts looks very nice! Is it just an "ideal cut" Flanders (they have the same basic shape)? Are QoH and Spring Cut just different "brands" of the same cut?

The Lucere also has the same outline, but from the pictures you can see it's more "emerald-like" on the top.

Is the Radiant just a rectangular Flanders?

Finally, from what I've read, the Princess (in general) is a poor performer. However, if you are lucky enough to come across that one great Princess, is it comparable to QoH, etc., or will even the "best" Princess pale next to these super cuts?

Sorry so long! Thanks for your help!
2.gif

Addendum:
Hey guys and gals - please don't bother to reply to this message. I did a search while "logged on" and found a lot of pertinent info - including LawGem's link to an article explaining the Regent, QoH and Spring Cut. The advanced search is very effective!
I wonder if this edit will up my "total posts" to 8? hee hee.

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
Guess what?

there is also an "isee2 square" that is coming out soon from GOG.com. I don't know when, but I believe it will be a hearts and arrows cut square (a lot like the "dream" cut) but cheaper. I can't wait. You may want to check it out after its release.

ice_is_nice

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have a picture of the isee2 square? If not, can anyone describe what it looks like?

msmanolo

Rough_Rock
I think it was actually 8 sided, cut cornered like Elara and Lucida.

RoughRider

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks for the heads up on the new "isee2 square!" Is there any kind of preview somewhere on the GOG site?
Hopefully Rhino can give us a sneak peak!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results