shape
carat
color
clarity

questions for those of you who have LOGR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
For those of you that have a setting by Lord of the gem- tell me what you think- I''m not expecting Tacori or Ritani- but are the settings made to last? Could I use it as my Ering and band for everyday use?
I noticed that there are a few of you out there that have purchased several settings- what do you think? Is it more of a setting for a cocktail ring than a set for everyday use. I''m looking for a cut above the retail stores at the mall- is it better quality or equal to those?
Also I have been looking into purchasing the pave- but there are so many that complain that they are losing the stones. What do you think?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2008 4:39:20 PM
Author:waiting_impatiently_2008
For those of you that have a setting by Lord of the gem- tell me what you think- I''m not expecting Tacori or Ritani- but are the settings made to last? Could I use it as my Ering and band for everyday use?
I noticed that there are a few of you out there that have purchased several settings- what do you think? Is it more of a setting for a cocktail ring than a set for everyday use. I''m looking for a cut above the retail stores at the mall- is it better quality or equal to those?
Also I have been looking into purchasing the pave- but there are so many that complain that they are losing the stones. What do you think?

I have not received my setting yet... but I will let you know when I do.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a very cheap and simple setting from LOGR about 18 months ago and whilst there''s no way I would say to have it as an engagement ring, it''s nice enough for a right hand ring.

I''m waiting for my legacy style setting which is slightly more expensive with more diamonds so I''ll let you know! Certainly if you were to upgrade the gold and diamonds I don''t see why one of their settings wouldn''t make a lovely ER. I''d also personally look for one with a good goldweight to give the ring that extra durability and protection from the knocks of everyday wear.

I think Lauren the Partier mentioned she has 6(?) of their settings so I''m sure she''ll be able to guide you.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say, when I got my first LOGR setting, I was of the belief that the settings probably wouldn't make a great engagement rings, but now I'm onto my 6th setting, and have been wearing my tourmaline, garnet, and now my OEC on alternating days, and I'm in love!

If you have a great jeweler, he can make these settings look higher class - by polishing out the basket of the setting, ensuring the pave is secure, fine-tuning the prongs, and filling in some of the shank with gold if you want to. The only setting that isn't solid is the split shank, and I've toyed with the idea of having it filled in, but it's fine for now. I might eventually, but for the time being, it's a great right hand ring, and if budget didn't allow for custom, I would have probably opted for this route with VS diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results