shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions for diamond experts - why hasn''t anyone bought this yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen this diamond on Whiteflash several times (it''s an Expert Selection, not ACA) and to me, it looks great (I''m not an expert though).

It''s a D SI1. On 40x, I can''t see any glaring inclusions that would account for price and availability. No fluorescence, and it checks out as a 1.8 on HCA.

The only thing I could think of was that it''s way outside the AGS ideal and GIA excellent range (even though fire, scintillation and spread are all excellent, with light return being "very good").

So can anyone solve this mystery for me? It looks like a great diamond, but the price seems lower for a D (even if it''s SI1) and it''s been on the site for awhile.

Thanks!

Link to diamond

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
It would be ok in a ear ring or pendant but not so great in a ring.
The look of the IS image due to it being shallow/shallow is likely why it hasn''t sold.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2009 11:36:56 PM
Author: strmrdr
It would be ok in a ear ring or pendant but not so great in a ring.
The look of the IS image due to it being shallow/shallow is likely why it hasn''t sold.
Ditto

vf0valkyrie

Rough_Rock
Yup, I agree.
Looks like a rather shallow cut.

Prefer the "normal" H&A cuts where I can see arrows that are bigger than the one shown.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
ahhh I see. Thank you guys for helping me out!
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 2:08:13 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
ahhh I see. Thank you guys for helping me out!
1.gif
You are very welcome!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results