carat
color
clarity

Questions for all the jewelers and designers out there

DesignedNewRings

Rough_Rock
Hi,

First time poster here :)

My rings were stolen and I had my rings custom made. They are beautiful but just had a concern that I wanted to run by some jewelers (apart from the jeweler that made my rings) especially those that do jewelry repair/custom work.

The under gallery of my e-ring semi-mount has milgrained infinity symbols on both sides and two little "bars" (I assume it is to help hold up the center stone)...I wanted your opinions on whether the infinity symbols and bars were too thin? They are probably just slightly less than 1mm in thickness. Do you think they should be replaced with infinity symbols that are thicker? If not, if they do break in the future...how easily can these get replaced with another design in the under gallery?

Thanks for your help!

pricescope_posting.jpg

DesignedNewRings

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is the new custom e-ring in 14k white gold. Thanks!

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
DesignedNewRings|1445282501|3939925 said:
The under gallery of my e-ring semi-mount has milgrained infinity symbols on both sides and two little "bars" (I assume it is to help hold up the center stone)...I wanted your opinions on whether the infinity symbols and bars were too thin? They are probably just slightly less than 1mm in thickness. Do you think they should be replaced with infinity symbols that are thicker? If not, if they do break in the future...how easily can these get replaced with another design in the under gallery?

They are not too thin from a strength standpoint since all they need to do is to support the halo of the ring from downward forces. These sorts of downward forces on halos are usually from people leaning on the halo area inadvertently. If this happens the halo has to bend and the infinity symbols will most likely be slightly flattened. You would notice this immediately due to the center stone becoming loose and rattling around. Fitting new symbols of any kind into that area is not easy, but any capable bench jeweler could do it with a smile :$$): on their face, (meaning that it won't be cheap as those cut and fit projects always take a lot of time). I wouldn't worry about it unless you are very hard on your jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results