shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions about which setting is appropriate

xraycat

Rough_Rock
My goal is to find a modern, minimalistic contemporary band with a setting that will show as much of the diamond as possible. I originally thought I wanted a tension setting but the fact that it is difficult or impossible to resize has turned me off. That, and there aren't a lot of unique designs that I have seen. I've now learned about faux-tension styles; from what I've read they are also called bridge settings, suspension settings or even channel settings.

I am almost certain I will be purchasing the diamond separately online (.72 carat princess cut, E, SI1, very good cut) and will find a jeweller who has a design I like that this stone will fit.

Does anyone have any recommendations for design styles or inspiration? Does anyone have any other opinions on what I should possibly consider? Is this a good method for selecting the ring I want?

Thank you,
Ryan

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this for a man's ring or a woman's engagement ring?

xraycat

Rough_Rock
Whoops, left that out; women's engagement ring.

I've also considered other metals like palladium or even titanium; is there any comments on that?

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
titanium is going to be next to impossible to size as well; from what I understand it is rather springy and when it's cut to be sized it's very difficult to get it back to it's originial round shape.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the engagement ring going to be a complete surprise or has your gf given you input on what she likes and doesn't like? I ask this because most people either love or hate the tension setting look.

xraycat

Rough_Rock
Complete surprise. But I'm not concerned with her hating it.

xraycat

Rough_Rock
Are there other setting types that I should be considering that would accomplish the same sort of look?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results