shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions about wedding bands w/my e-ring

Bananas

Rough_Rock
:wavey:

I received some great help from you all regarding what type of wedding band would match my engagement ring. I finally went to try some wedding bands with my ring at Tiffany's. I have a few questions for all of you experts-

1) I'd love your opinions about which looks best...

I don't want the wedding ring to compete with the engagement ring when they are worn together.
I think these are both shared prong styles. I'm trying to choose between the size of the melee. (Pics below- sorry, my nails look awful
:oops: )

2) If I purchase this style of ring at BG, will it sit low enough to go well with my engagement ring? My engagement ring sits pretty low- it's a Victor Canera round with pears trilogy.

3) Would you worry about the color difference between the melee and my e-ring diamonds? My e-ring has a Canera Super Ideal I. I'm not sure about Tiffany, but BG usually uses F/G.

Thank you! :angel:

img_10994.jpg

img_10995.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous e-ring, Bananas!!! Love 3-stones!! But, I personally think the second picture (wedding band) you posted looks better. However, they both look good, but for some reason (and I can't even verbalize it) the second one looked better to me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, both look good! Can you tell us the point sizes out of curiosity? I maybe like the first one better.

I would get a quote from Victor and specify you want it as low as the Tiffany bands. Almost no one makes shared prong bands as low as Tiffany. The BG Dream band says it is set low, but I would ask if they have a sample ring they could send you to try on before ordering one you can't return (unless they will take a return on one they make for you).

Little stones are just going to look white and sparkly, so you may as well go with the standard F-G color.

Bananas

Rough_Rock
SparklySoprano|1457324264|4000854 said:
Gorgeous e-ring, Bananas!!! Love 3-stones!! But, I personally think the second picture (wedding band) you posted looks better. However, they both look good, but for some reason (and I can't even verbalize it) the second one looked better to me.

Thanks, SparklySoprano! I'm so divided! Maybe that's a good sign- I can't go wrong either way? lol

Bananas

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1457326346|4000871 said:
Gosh, both look good! Can you tell us the point sizes out of curiosity? I maybe like the first one better.

I would get a quote from Victor and specify you want it as low as the Tiffany bands. Almost no one makes shared prong bands as low as Tiffany. The BG Dream band says it is set low, but I would ask if they have a sample ring they could send you to try on before ordering one you can't return (unless they will take a return on one they make for you).

Little stones are just going to look white and sparkly, so you may as well go with the standard F-G color.

Hi Diamondseeker! The bigger one has 4 pointers. I can't remember the size of the smaller one!

I did get a quote from VC, as well as the for the BG Dream (but in 3/4 eternity to allow for sizing changes). That's a great idea to ask BG to send a sample - I will try that.

Good to know about sticking to F/G- It would cost more to change that! Thank you for your help!

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love your ring. Maybe it's just me, but the wedding band looks whiter than your engagement ring. That said, I prefer the second (metro?)....just enough sparkle and great for future stacking!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have such an amazing e-ring! An amazing work of art by Victor Canera.
I love your ring paired with the second band but both options look good to my eyes.

xbeth04

Rough_Rock
I love your ring...it's so pretty. Why don't you have something custom made to compliment your engagement ring. Instead of paying the Tiffany "premium" taking that extra and put it towards a really fantastic and unique band made specifically to the specifications you need. There is a designer I like working with in NY, check out her Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/designsbykamni/

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first one better than the second - the first looks to me like you can see the shape of the individual rounds better than in the second where they blend into one even line- and that's more pleasing to my eye with your ring somehow (maybe it's the outline of your gorgeous e-ring with the curves of the round and the pear?)

RockBrat

Shiny_Rock
I like the second band better. But since you're concerned about color difference, I do see a difference between your ering and the band in the first photo. Not sure what the color of that band's diamonds are. Your ering is gorgeous!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ering!! :love:

I think the first one compliments your ering better, but they are both very pretty. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results