shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions about selling my engagement ring??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amp1029

Rough_Rock
Hi all-
New to the forum! Sadly my engagement has come to an end with no chance of getting back together. So I have come to the decision to sell my ring. Due to these lovely economic circumstances, its my last resort.
Problem is I do not know where to start and hoping all of you have some suggestions or what price I should start shopping it around at?

[Specs removed by Moderator to maintain integrity of forum policy.]

This is on a 1ct. round brilliant cut diamond, eternity band.H color,VS2 clarity.
It has a NGL grading certificate and it has been appraised as well.

Any help or suggestions would br greatly appreciated!

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2009 1:02:51 PM
Author: Skippy123
Amp, I am sorry. This thread might help https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/reselling-gems-jewelry-what-can-you-expect.17952/

Welcome!

NGL is a lesser known lab, you can do a search as there are threads with discussions on this lab in the archives. As to reselling, this article by Neil Beaty might be useful to you also.

http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/66/1/A-consumer%e2%80%99s-guide-to-reselling-diamonds.aspx

I am really sorry your engagement didn't work out...

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Hi Amp,

I am sorry about the engagement.

If the store/seller that you purchased it from has a buy-back policy, that would be the first route to explore.

If that is not doable, go to other jewelers and see if they are interested in purchasing it or perhaps selling it on consignment.

With respect to other selling options, keep in mind that this is not an AGS or GIA graded stone, and that could cause you major headaches. So, at a minimum, you would need to get a good, independent appraisal and use it to assist you in the sale.

You can then consider listing it for sale in any venue you feel comfortable with.

Good luck.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
What a tough time you''re going through to then have to deal with the sale of your engagement ring.

I think the advice you''ve had so far is sound, but you need to be realistic about the current value of your ring and what YOU expect to get from it.

I, like you, had a previous engagement that broke down and I decided to sell my ring. I approached the jeweller where it was purchased and they were only willing to give me 30% of the value or 50% of the value towards something else. I walked away and tried other options. Eventually I sold it on Ebay after several months of time-wasters etc through private listings in the paper. I actually managed to sell it for 50% of the total cost of purchase and I think I got a good deal plus it made someone else very happy.

Good luck and I hope you get through this difficult period.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry your engagement has come to an end.

You've gotten great advice in this thread, but I find with fellow friends who have had to sell engagement rings, they have had to understand that they will never recoup the amount they spent. That being said, does the company you worked with have a buy back or trade up policy? If so, I would see what the details and terms consist of, and either turn it in now, or wait until you may need to make a significant jewelry purchase again.

Otherwise, there's always Craigslist and Ebay, and just plain being patient in getting a fair amount for the ring.

Also, as an Asscher lover, I'd love to see pics of it!

Amp1029

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the kind words. This is a tough time but I have always been a firm believer that things happen for a reason!

Also thank you for all the great advice on how to go about selling this ring..

I appreciate it all very much!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results