shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions about my Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

acf135

Rough_Rock
Hello, I've been lurking for a little while now and I took the plunge and purchased a diamond over the internet. Please tell me how I did.

Round Brilliant Cut
AGS Certificate
7.26 x 7.3 x 4.52 mm
1.48 Carats
I color
SI1 Clarity
Depth % 62.1
Table % 56
Crown Angle 34.6
Pavilion Angle 41
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence None
Girdle Faceted 1.2%-2.2%
Price - $6300

The notes on pricescope and the sites carrying this diamond say AGS000ID H&A, my last question is, what are the chances of it being a true H&A at this price? If it is listed under the notes on the sites, is it guarunteed to be H&A? Anyone with any knowledge or info feel free to help me out. Thanks in advance.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

The stone seems to be very well cut and the price is really excellent too.
If the report says 'h&a' under comments section, it doesn't mean it actually is. You have to bring the stone to a well equipped appraiser who will tell you how good the pattern is.

May I ask where did ya buy it?

acf135

Rough_Rock
I don't want to say where I purchased it until it gets here today and I get it checked out. I want to avoid posting good or bad reviews of a site until everything checks out. I'll keep you posted though.

A second question, if the stone turns out not to be H&A, should I keep it. If you think I should, should I ask for some money back since it was advertised as H&A and isn't?

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
The meaning or definition of H&A is not standard throughout the industry. Practically any decently round will display some sort of an H&A pattern. The more reputable vendors require the pattern to be "crisp", but AGS doesn't grade "crispness" on their reports. I suppose if the pattern is really horrible you might want to return it, but then I doubt that the pattern will be awful with Ideal symmetry.

If the stone sings to you, then keep it.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Acf!
wavey.gif

I ran the HCA. 1.9 TIC Ex/Vg/Vg/Vg Not a shabby rating!
2.gif

According to the Price Stats, if this is a "true" H&A, it is priced right. If your appraiser finds the diamond is not a "true" H&A, then the diamond is over priced by about $1K. Providing, the Price Stats have been updated to account for the recent increase noted by Nice Ice in a post earlier this week.

Like RA and Giangi said, H&A in the comments on the Cert doesn't guarantee it is a "true" H&A. A TRUE Hearts and Arrows diamond is cut so the internal optical symmetry displays clean and crisp H&A patterns. Many well diamonds will display the patterns to varying degrees but don't qualify as H&A. Someone sees the patterns (not necessarily clean and crisp), laser inscribes the girdle, and AGS/GIA notes the inscription in the Comments section on the Cert. It's used as a marketing tool for diamonds that are not "true" H&A's.

If this diamond is a top liner from White Flash, Good Old Gold, Nice Ice, or SuperbCert, you already know for sure. Nice Ice and White Flash both screen their brokered diamonds and should notify you if the diamond is not a true H&A. Other drop/ship vendors may or may not screen the diamond prior to shipping. If the vendor does not screen the diamond prior to shipping, you should definitely use an appraiser equipped to evaluate for H&A patterns.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results