shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions about Lightbox

Sparklemom

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

I just discovered Lightbox, not sure where I have been the last couple years! Anyway, I'm pretty new to lab grown diamonds so I have some questions. I just ordered a 1ct white solitaire necklace in gold (they were out in silver) from lighbox. It just arrived and I'm so impressed with it. It looks great next to my ACA 1.8ct earrings!

So my question, is it true that a made diamond will wear as well as mined diamonds? Could I wear it all the time without it getting cloudy or otherwise ruined? For those who have lightbox stones, do you wear them all the time?

If my first question is true. I would like to reset it in a platinum necklace setting. I saw that James Allen sells their settings without stones. Are there some other vendors that do that that I can look into? I don't have a local jeweler and I honestly don't want to be out and about much during this time so I am hoping to find one online.

Finally, if I do find one online, do I send the necklace in for them to remount it, or do I have them send me the setting and then I drop it a local place for mounting?

Thank you so much!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to the world of Lightbox! Lab diamonds are the same chemically and optically as earth mined diamonds. That means hardness, toughness, and stability are the same.

I believe you can send the Lightbox necklace to James Allen to have it remounted in a platinum setting for a fee. I'd recommend using the James Allen chat to get costs and next steps. I think you need to specify how you'd like the Lightbox setting returned. You can also have a local jeweler reset.

Sparklemom

Rough_Rock
Welcome to the world of Lightbox! Lab diamonds are the same chemically and optically as earth mined diamonds. That means hardness, toughness, and stability are the same.

I believe you can send the Lightbox necklace to James Allen to have it remounted in a platinum setting for a fee. I'd recommend using the James Allen chat to get costs and next steps. I think you need to specify how you'd like the Lightbox setting returned. You can also have a local jeweler reset.

Thank you! Would there be any concern with a large company like this that I would receive a different stone back? I feel like I'm being offensive even just asking that, but I have heard of things happening..

Sparklemom

Rough_Rock
My e-ring is a lab diamond that I have worn most days for 13 years and going. I have not babied it at all. No issues yet.

That's great, thank you for sharing!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Would there be any concern with a large company like this that I would receive a different stone back? I feel like I'm being offensive even just asking that, but I have heard of things happening..

No, there is no concern with such a big company. They have zero incentive to do that because they'd lose business. They wouldn't risk it.

Sparklemom

Rough_Rock
Okay, so I just contacted James Allen and they won't sell me a setting without buying a stone. Any other leads?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, so I just contacted James Allen and they won't sell me a setting without buying a stone. Any other leads?

I might contact a jeweler local to you to see if they can order from the Stuller Catalog. As non-jewelers we can't see prices for their pieces, but many are under $500

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium

If you are looking for someone, I know jasmine jade boutique sells stuller settings for a great price! You can find her on Instagram. She used to be a pser as well. I forgot her old handle. Not sure if I’m allowed to suggest, it’s just that she has given me the best prices. :mrgreen2:

Sparklemom

Rough_Rock
I really appreciate all of your input. I think I found a lead!!

Now I am trying to decide on the mm for the chain. I am trying to decide between 1.2 and 1.5 mm. Any advice for what you would do for a 1ct stone? The setting will be a simple soliaire. I don't want the chain to detract from the stone, but I also want it sturdy enough for regular wear.

Also, so I can try to visualize this in my mind. Does anyone know the mm of the chain that comes with the lightbox 1ct soliataire?

Thank you, thank you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results