shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions About Diamond Rondelles

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am thinking about adding some diamonds rondelles to my Tahitian pearl necklace to "jazz" it up? Wonder if this is a good idea?

For ladies who have diamond rondelles, please share your experience and opinion. Some of the questions I can think of are:
Do rondelles the pearl necklace look more elegant/expensive/substantial or the other way around?
What style/size options are there and where can I purchase them?
Diamonds need to be cleaned regularly in order to keep them sparkly. What do you use to clean the rondelles? Do you worry about long-term wear such as weakening the string and possibly damaging the pearls from cleaning the diamonds?
If possible, please post photos of your gorgeous jewelry with diamond rondelles.

Thanks in advance for your help.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE diamond rondelles :love:

They make a pearl necklace look much more formal, IMHO. Then the strand becomes a formal occasion necklace.

Problem is going to be cleaning them. You shouldn't use any chemicals on pearls, a little mild soap and water is it. Will that make your diamonds clean enough for you?

I guess since you need to restring your pearls every so often.... I would just make sure to restring them every year and get those diamonds scrubbed and cleaned when they are not next to the pearls.

Pearl Paradise has some.. you could send them your tahitians and pay for them to restring them with them on there, or just order them separately and have someone local do it.

I honestly, can not find them for a better price either. I think they are about $60 a piece.. not sure on the quality though.
http://www.pearlparadise.com/Diamond-Rondelle-14K-Gold449.aspx

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
iLander|1290434146|2775349 said:
I LOVE diamond rondelles :love:

They make a pearl necklace look much more formal, IMHO. Then the strand becomes a formal occasion necklace.

Problem is going to be cleaning them. You shouldn't use any chemicals on pearls, a little mild soap and water is it. Will that make your diamonds clean enough for you?
I think as long as I gently clean the diamonds with mild soap and warm water regularly to prevent dirt cake built up, the diamonds should be fine. The only tricky part is to minimize exposure of the underlining string to water and moisture. Due to the cleaning, I expect to have my necklace restrung every so many years.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
bean|1290448362|2775576 said:
I guess since you need to restring your pearls every so often.... I would just make sure to restring them every year and get those diamonds scrubbed and cleaned when they are not next to the pearls.

Pearl Paradise has some.. you could send them your tahitians and pay for them to restring them with them on there, or just order them separately and have someone local do it.

I honestly, can not find them for a better price either. I think they are about $60 a piece.. not sure on the quality though.
http://www.pearlparadise.com/Diamond-Rondelle-14K-Gold449.aspx

Actually, I am contemplating about purchasing the rondelles from pearlparadise. What stops me is the question about diamond quality. I think PP has a full return policy. Don't know what the fees are besides my shipping cost for the return. I am very tempted to order two to check quality. Wonder if anyone here has ever purchased diamond rondelles or own a pearl necklace with diamond rondelles? For those who don't, what are the reasons for not adding diamond rondelles to your pear strands?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results