shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions About Diamond Retailers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AsscherEXEX

Rough_Rock
I am looking for an Asscher cut diamond. I just put in a request with USA certified Diamonds or IGS. Has anyone worked with them? I found the diamond thru the pricescope diamond finder.
credible??? Exceptional diamonds?

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Although I''m new to PS, I can tell you that Todd Gray of Nice Ice can help you out with a beautiful asscher - I believe he''s doing some work with Wink Jones at High Performance diamonds. Todd really knows his asschers and I highly recommend you talk to him before you buy a stone.

Good luck in your search!

PS - my Asscher is a 1.17 (5.85 x 5.85) - my finger size is a 6 and I feel my stone would look much better on a size 4 finger....just food for thought! Finger versus stone size is an important consideration, especially with such a deeply cut stone.
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
USAC has found a good one at least once, get lots of pictures from them and post the pictures here for an opinion.
Whats the length width table and depth for the one your considering?

AsscherEXEX

Rough_Rock
5.88 x 5.81 x 4.03 63% table 69.4 depth slightly thick gurd, no culet gia ex ex

any thoughts
3.gif

AsscherEXEX

Rough_Rock

any thoughts

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 9:31:12 PM
Author: AsscherEXEX

any thoughts
numbers sound ok need pictures and the crown height.
color? clarity?
How much is it?

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
For your reference, here is part of my GIA report - my diamond is supposed to be an ''ideal'' cut, not that there is such a thing for Asschers but anyhoo.....hopefully this posts correctly.

Here are the rest of its stats:

VS2
G
Polish and Symmetry both excellent

gia13183446msr1.jpg

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
And a picture as well......

gia13183446gs1a.jpg

AsscherEXEX

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!! Your Diamond is beautiful
3.gif

At this time I don''t have the #''s of crown height. I will post pics as soon as I get them.
Carat: 1.22
Color: F
Clarity : VVS2
Price: 8,200

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like you''ve got a potential stunner on your hands!
emotion-19.gif

I think we paid about $6500 back in 2003 and my only regret is that I didn''t fully understand how small my stone would look in relation to other cuts of the same weight - I figured it would look pretty big since it was over a carat but it actually faces up closer to about a .75 round. As I mentioned before, my ring size is about a 6 so the stone would look a lot bigger on a smaller finger.

Here is a neat size chart that I wish I''d seen a long time ago:

http://images.amazon.com/media/i3d/01/actual-diamond-size.pdf

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.....

AsscherEXEX

Rough_Rock
That chart is very helpful thank you again.... I would have loved to purchase a round but its not what she wants. I do have some mixed feelings about how small its going to look "for the price".
The good thing however is she is a 4 1/2 ring size! So hopefully it doesn''t look to small.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
With your budget I would buy this one in a heartbeat.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5507/

Sarah who has eagle eyes says it is eyeclean which is very rare for a si1 asscher.
You gain a whole mm which is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results