shape
carat
color
clarity

questions about "Cavity"

shencangliang

Rough_Rock
I am hesitating between four stones from WF. All are AGS0 on light performance and everything and receive their 5 stars.
1. 1.466 c, I, VS1. Inclusions are ‘feather’, but it’s not noted where on the picture. (At least I can’t see);
2. 1.482c, H, VS1; inclusion includes ‘cavity’. Users have discussed this diamond before. Some said it would not be a problem unless the cavity is on the corner. After looking carefully, I do think the cavity sits on the edge of a facet and close to one of the corners.
3. 1.585c, I, VS2. This one has extra facet.
4. 1.538c, I, SI1; inclusions are feather; by looking very closely at the report I can see some very little inclusion from the top-down picture close to the upper-left edge and some close to the upper-right edge on the other picture. But according to the picture, these are really hardly noticeable to me. I've researched myself and see suggestions as to consider the location of the feather etc; the location of the feathers do worry me a little bit, and since it's SI1, I'm not sure if it means there would be more things to worry than what I can see on the picture. For me, as long as a particular SI1 inclusion is eye-clean and causes no durability issue, I could accept it.

After researching myself, I'm more inclined towards (1) or (4). (4) is 0.2mm's larger than (1) in diameter. I know it's not much but it seems to me that a 0.5mm is a big difference in diamond, so it still matters somewhat to me.

Please give me some suggestions and advice, esp. on the SI1 inclusion of feather, with some minor ones seemingly to be close to the corner. I'm not an expert on reading the pictures on WF, but they all look fine to me, except for the extra facet one, for which the picture looks a bit different. Thank you very much!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
would be nice to see the link of the diamonds to get some better idea. you can reserve the diamonds first

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I would eliminate the 1st one, don't like it as much.

the next three all look nice. I might be inclined to pick 2 or 3 to save by being just under the 1.5 carat mark? I would ask about the cavity, but I think with VS1 you are fine.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd probably choose the H VS1. I think you'll like the better color and I wouldn't worry about VS1 clarity. Do ask them about it, but I don't think it would get VS1 if the clarity issues were a problem. Plus, the size being just under 1.5 is a major bonus!!!!

shencangliang

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. We already booked the one of H VS1

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results