shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions about buying from DCI

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bntran02

Rough_Rock
Quick background:
I have read Fred''s entire book and put down a downpayment on a ring + setting. Then I met Fred and instantly I had a bad feeling about him because he wrote a book implicitly states to only buy diamonds from him. Went online and read about him and his whole conviction and am now having major doubts about finalizing my purchase. But overall I was extremely impressed by the customer service (responsiveness, wax preview of a setting, seller''s knowledge, etc..). Now to the questions:

1) I read a lot of talk about Fred and his diamonds being the best. But what about the setting? He (the salesmen) offered to have a setting made exactly the same for much lower than competitors ( one that i found at Robbin''s Brothers for about 1000 less). Does anyone have any experience with the quality of settings bought through DCI?

2) Back to the setting. The salesman claimed that the side diamonds need to be larger (or smaller) based on the size of the center stone. And of course i was offered one with larger side diamonds than the original to match my center stone. I dont recall reading anything about this topic. Is it just a way to take more of my money?

3) Are the prices offered by DCI negotiable?

4) How inflated are the prices listed in his book? (~5%?, 10%?, 20%?...)

5) How reliable is it to buy a diamond online? His scare tactics seem to have worked on me.

Thanks in advance for your reply
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do some searches here on PS on him and his company and you''ll see just how "honest" and "reliable" he is...I would run the other way personally.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results