shape
carat
color
clarity

Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stary-eyed04

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! I''ve been reading some of the posts on this board for a bit and now I have a question. Any imput would be wonderful!
35.gif

How satisfied will I be with this diamond?

Shape: Radiant
Carat Weight: 2.01
Color: J
Clarity: SI1
Graded By: GIA
Cut Grade: Very Good

Depth: 76.9%
Table: 75%
Girdle: Thick to Extremely Thick
Culet: None
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.86 x 6.81 x 5.24
Length / Width Ratio: 1.01

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of questions for you:

1. Have you seen a J colour in person? Are you all right with the warmth?
2. Is the SI1 eye-clean?

Comment
1. This stone is very deep, which would make it look and measure small for a 2 carat stone.
2. That's a pretty big table at 75%!
3. The girdle is much too thick and is also making the radiant look much smaller than it should.
4. I would aim for at least Very Good in both Polish and Symmetry

In short, I would pass on this radiant based on the 4 comments above. I think the cutter is trying to reach the 2 carat mark (and thus be able to ask for more $$$) by retaining weight in the depth and girdle of the stone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2007 10:59:02 AM
Author:stary-eyed04
Hello everyone! I've been reading some of the posts on this board for a bit and now I have a question. Any imput would be wonderful!
35.gif

How satisfied will I be with this diamond?

Shape: Radiant
Carat Weight: 2.01
Color: J
Clarity: SI1
Graded By: GIA
Cut Grade: Very Good

Depth: 76.9%
Table: 75%
Girdle: Thick to Extremely Thick
Culet: None
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.86 x 6.81 x 5.24
Length / Width Ratio: 1.01
Welcome to PS.

Unfortunately your question isn't possible to answer, only you can tell by actually looking at it, if you are actually satisfied with this diamond and will remain so. Radiants are tricky to analyze by the numbers and are best judged by the eyes. Small variances in the numbers can make the difference between a Radiant having the crushed ice look or clearer faceting pattern, this can be an individual preference.

However numbers do give you a starting point, compare to this chart which might give you some idea. Also see if the vendor can provide you with an ASET image as this might be helpful. A J colour in a larger Radiant may show more colour too, so you need to know if you are ok with that too. I would see if the vendor can provide some photos to see how this diamond actually looks, also make sure they have a good return policy so you can test drive this diamond to see if it is for you. Also as this diamond is a larger one of SI clarity, ask the vendor if it is eyeclean and what his definition is of eyeclean - make sure it matches yours to avoid disappointment.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc2.asp

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 11:03:56 AM
Author: Chrono
1. This stone is very deep, which would make it look and measure small for a 2 carat stone.
2. That's a pretty big table at 75%!
3. The girdle is much too thick and is also making the radiant look much smaller than it should.
4. I would aim for at least Very Good in both Polish and Symmetry
5. Radiants seem to be cut to *show* body color -- at least many of them are -- that might make the "J" color much more apparent than in a well-cut round. Probably more TINTED than most of us here would desire in an e-ring stone ... especially a 2 carat one.

For all of those reasons ... I'd pass. I do not think you'd be satisfied -- or, should I say *I* would not be satisfied with such a stone, at any price. I'd MUCH prefer putting how ever much it costs toward a higher-quality, bigger-facing-up, whiter, cleaner stone.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d pass for all the reasons stated above. PLUS the fact that you can''t buy radiants by the numbers...they''re just guidelines. Make sure to see any stone in person before you buy it then you''ll really know if you like it or not.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
A J will show very warm in a radiant. As all of the above states, seeing is a must, but J is going too low for a radiant, if you have any color sensitivity.

fullojoy

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a 3 carat radiant. All I can suggest to you is that you look at several, in person, before you buy one. If you look at several side by side, you will notice major differences. I am NO expert, but based on my experiences, you can''t go by numbers, you MUST see the stones in person. My GIA stone is graded an I. The appraiser thought that it was closer to a J. It absolutely faces up white. Good luck. It took me serveral months to find the right one. Don''t feel pressured to buy this one, there are many more for you to look at. Joy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results