shape
carat
color
clarity

Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

skh6170

Rough_Rock
What does it mean when the GIA report states that the angles are over 35
degrees?
Thanks for your help,
Sandra

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
it means crown angle is rather steep. If you want you can you post all the info here.

skh6170

Rough_Rock
I was actually just browsing some websites and have come across this statement many times- BUT now that I look at the specs on the diamond I plan to purchase tomorrow morning the crown angle is quite close.
T 60
D 61.6
6.06x6.14*3.76
Crown angle 34.9 crown height 14.1
pavillion angle 41.3 pav depth 43.5
SI1 H
.86 GIA

I intended to buy this diamond from Diamonds.com for $2750- Just found it (same GIA cert) on another website for a few hundred cheaper ($2434) I was looking on this website because someone had posted good reviews on them here-affordablediamondsonline.com.

Anyhow, there are a few inclusions (crystal, feather, needle, natural indention) which is probably why it is less expensive? But with SI1 it's supposed to be clean to the naked eye- right?

Thanks for any opinion you can give,
Sandra

skh6170

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 10/13/2002 2:43:44 PM

If you use the angle data in Cut Adviser you will find it is not a great stone.
----------------

The FIRST thing I did when I found the angle data on this stone is run it through the cut advisor. I didn't know the results I received were that bad. Very good light return and spread with good fire and scintillation. It said it was a good puchase for the right price. I am a starving student two years from graduation pharmacy school- I have to take price into consideration. Will this stone be dull? Please help me- I ran the last stone we bought through cut advisor too- it came up with about the same number (3.7) and without the huge inclusion in the center of the stone it was a beautiful diamond with respect to light (I reurned it because of clarity differences)- Thanks for your input- I really need expert opinions because that is all I have to go on.
Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results