shape
carat
color
clarity

question...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a far-fetched project, I decided to reset my Jeff White's sapphire for better performance, I think current halo does not compliment it. I saw a ring at Scholdt that I liked, but it is made for princess-cut diamond, and although they say that they can accommodate a stone of any size, I doubt that many customers come with 3+ ct. diamonds in their pockets (I may be wrong here). I just do not know how expensive their settings are, is it worth even showing up asking to look at a sapphire because the price will be exorbitant? Or are their prices decent?

Here is my break:

below 2 K - decent
2 -4 K - doable provided the workmanship is really classy
over 4 K - you'd better be really, really worth it! Innovative setting + excellent workmanship.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
check with Pearlmans Jewelers on the Sholdt design, under 2k is doable on a solitaire design (metal will have a factor of course), I've inquired on way too many sholdt settings previously in gold and many many of the solitaire designs has been under 2k... Sholdt really makes a sleek fluid ring and definitely well made, although some look a bit chunky online, once on iRL, its delicate and just fluid.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, D%T, I heard many good things about Pearlman, it is nice to know that my idea can be doable...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I was still looking for settings last year, the Fremont for my stone was like $1100 or something to that effect. I was planning to go through Pearlmans for it also.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results