shape
carat
color
clarity

Question- What did you pay for invitations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IndiBlue

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been researching and I''m not sure what is a competative price or if it''s beneficial to even buy through the web...Any advice?

I''m not scared to print them myself on my parents bomb laser printer, but if I go that route I''m confined to black ink only....

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
We did ours by printing them ourselves. *We''ve not done the response cards, yet, though.* We''re going to use them as direction cards, since it''s a morning wedding without a big meal, we don''t have to have an exact count, and my experience is most people DON''T RVSP anyway.

We got ours on clearance, and they''re really simple, and this weekend we''ll be working on giving them a little more color and creativity. I did a sample one, and it''s beautiful! After Paul''s approval, which I just got this morning, we''re a GO! Yay! All together, for 110-20 invitations, it will be about $43-46 dollars, depending on how much of the sticky tape/glue we go through piecing them together. Sweet deal!

Ours are printed in black, but in a soft shade of black, that almost looks platinum. The underlay on the print-your-own will be lavendar, so that makes it "pop."

DYI is SO not hard! The software is easy to use, and it''s fun!

Good luck!!
9.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Ours were something along the lines of $1.25 each or so. Just folded in half, but printed on every side in a color ink. Came with the RSVP cards and envelopes too.

Apparently, that''s on the cheap side. Got it at some store in San Francisco''s Chinatown. Checked prices in San Jose, Los Angeles'' Las Tunas area, and online. Prices were MUCH higher elsewhere.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
$7.92 a piece

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
DIY invites, about 70 cents apiece. Gartner Studios, 50 invites/envelopes including RSVPs/envelopes for $34.00 at Office Depot. I used uprint.com to print the invites because they had better looking fonts than my version of Word. As an aside, I also bought a roll of 100 stamps (Flag and Statue of Liberty) to use and she told me we had to get better looking stamps. So she bought the "Our Wedding" and the two love birds stamps for our invites.

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been getting quotes anywhere from $7-12 a piece.
38.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2006 9:12:04 PM
Author: diamondlove
I''ve been getting quotes anywhere from $7-12 a piece.
38.gif
Totally unreal. So at $10 per invitation and say 250 invitations, you''re talking $2500???!!! I''d be doing them myself for sure at that price!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My aunt did ours herself as part of our wedding gift to us...she's the type that makes her own cards for every occasion, and she had done invites for several other couples and showed me prototypes before she did ours. They turned out beautifully. I would estimate she spent ~$150-200 on card stock, ink, stamp, foil, and printing when all was said and done for 75 invitations/rsvp postcards/envelopes. She used a rubber stamp for the cover of the invite and she and a friend of hers did that and the folding and stuffing by hand...I hand-addressed them with a similar colored ink pen which was about $4. That basically works out to about $2-2.50 per invite, and this was three years ago.

ETA: she also did our programs, which were 4x11", same type of paper, etc., with a shimmery ribbon that matched the ink (copper colored--fall wedding)...forgot to include that in the above, but still estimate the total $ amt. spent as the same.
1.gif

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
I am waiting for the exact quote, a local knottie is doing them for me so they are only going to be around $5 each for pocketfolds, with response and reception cards, and tied with ribbon.

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, it is pretty crazy. They are for custom invites. However, if you think about it-- for a wedding of around 300 invitees, you really need 150 invitations or less depending how many people are in one family and a lot of the rest are couples (two per invite). I initially thought of one invite per person as well and then realized that it''ll be half that so it lowered my sticker shock just a tad bit.

Needless to say, I''m certainly hoping to stay under $8/invite still so I''m working with the designer to work something out that my fiance and I like within that price.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have a quote yet but I don''t want to spend more than $600, I need 200 invitations.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I spent around $500 for around 200 invites. My paper is what was expensive since I printed them myself on our company color laser. Also my invites were 5 pages long and that also included the paper for my programs.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I believe our invitations are $4 a piece (originally higher than I wanted to spend, but they''re beautiful and we''re only needing 50ish) which should come out to around $200.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results