shape
carat
color
clarity

Question to the experts on bonded diamonds...Marketing Gimmick or Not?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi guy''s..From time to time I get emails from lurkers with questions...

Here is an email I received today and thought it would be appropriate to post here..Maybe we can all help her out..

I do not have the answers to these questions but hopefully appraisers or marketers, vendors, professionals on this board can give some insight...

The email follows:

Hey CGN,
Have you ever heard of "fully bonded diamonds"? Here is a description per www.fullybondeddiamonds.com:
"A fully bonded diamond is synonymous with certain guarantees. A fully bonded diamond comes with a lifetime breakage policy. If you break the stone, we will replace the stone once per customer. All bonded diamonds come with a lifetime buyback policy. At any time in the future, you can sell the diamond back to us for what you paid for it. All fully bonded diamonds come with a lifetime exchange/trade-in policy. If you ever get bored with the shape of your diamond, you can exchange it evenly or trade up or down. The diamond’s current market value can be applied toward an exchange/trade-in. Bonded diamonds are also protected against any diamond market crash. In the unlikely event the diamond market crashes, we will refund the difference between what you paid and the new market value. All 100 % natural and untreated."

Let''s give some constructive input for her.../idealbb/images/smilies/read.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
received the same. I personally think it is a gimmick. How enforceable is this policy. What if the company folds up shop in a year? Bottom line is how much extra someone has to pay for this?

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I smelled an old fish frying...here is a quote from their site, "This company is a subsidiary of Canary Investments Inc., the parent company of Diamond Cutters International."

It's FRED, and he's back!!
errrr.gif
eek.gif
nono.gif

curiouscanuck

Rough_Rock
Hi

The only other place I've read about "bonded diamonds" was on Fred Crueller's website. The email received by CGN reads almost EXACTLY like Crueller's website. Maybe the two sites are affilated?

From what I've read about Fred Crueller, it's best to take this with a grain of salt.
nono.gif

curiouscanuck

Rough_Rock
OOPS!
Gary got to this before I did!

Buyer beware!!

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Very reminescent of the'investment' diamond scams of the early 80's....the poor trusting individuals that invested 10's of thousands in investment grade goods with guaranteed buy back policies and warranties. The companies were all too soon gone....scams!

Buyer beware! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results