shape
carat
color
clarity

[Question] Silver watch with gold jewelry?

williamarroyo

Rough_Rock
Trade
I’m moving on from my Apple Watch and looking to get some daily watches so pretty new to the big boy watch scene. Here’s my question:

Can I wear a silver watch with all good jewelry (gold wedding band, gold college ring, gold necklace)? Or would I have to swap out jewelry when I want to wear a silver watch?

Would also love suggestions for entry level daily wearers. Thanks!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, if this is real!

Do you mean silver silver, in which case I have never seen one of those. If you wean white metal -- like stainless steel -- then, no, you dod not need to match head to toe. I have worn a gold wedding band and a SS watch for decades. Although maybe this has been holding me back socially and career-wise come to think of it.

Better to get one decent watch than several fashion watches -- which tend to fall apart and oxidize and generally look like garbage if you stop wearing the and stumble across them even a few years later. Can start with a Seiko diver automatic -- that has been a gateway drug for many watch collectors. For everyday wear and not in a rotation, sapphire crystal is a must, imo.

What is your price point?

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
My husband gave me a vintage steel Rolex for Christmas many, many years ago. It‘s my most worn piece and the one I‘d never switch out. My jewellery collection has grown and improved with the years, the watch stays. Of course you can wear the two together (steel and gold).

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
Absolutely you can mix and match metals! I especially enjoy white and yellow metals together. Don't limit yourself, create new looks, find unique and interesting pairings, get the most fun out of your collection, and bring down that cost per wear calculation =)2 There's definitely no reason to put rules on enjoying jewelry, wear what makes you happy!

ETA: I have a few rings that are both white and yellow gold combos, often wear a platinum chain with diamond pendant next to a yellow gold chain and diamond pendant. And sometimes I add a rose gold chain and diamond pendant into the mix. Also, my tennis bracelets are white gold but I'll add yellow gold bracelets to the mix when I really wana add to the stack. I also have a silver citizens watch that I dont wear often now bc of my fitness tracker but whenever I wear the watch it goes perfectly with whatever else I got going on that day.

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a substantial collection of watches and metal colours vary.
I did buy a two tone Reverso as my wedding rings are white metal but I also wear yellow gold and rose gold with my wedding set. To “bridge” the colour difference, if that’s what you feel necessary, add in a bracelet alongside the watch that matches your wedding set metal colour.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're concerned about the issue, you can also get a stainless watch with gold in it. Just an example here.

1713892585447.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results