shape
carat
color
clarity

question regarding AGA chart

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

viscera912

Shiny_Rock
hello everyone,

happy easter to all!!! i was perusing dirt cheap diamonds and i noticed one of their princess ideal cuts had a girdle that was md-stk. i was curious how that scored on the aga chart, however, that girdle wasn''t even on the chart. is that just a girdle to shy away from? or would it be better to just think of it as a thin to stk girdle? thanks!

jason

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I do believe that the medium to slightly thick girdle is on the AGS chart and falls under ideal.

viscera912

Shiny_Rock
i just went back to doublecheck what you said as perhaps i missed it, but, no under the ideal or 1a-2b the girdle listed is vthin to med, or tn-stk. in fact the whole chart has nothing that begins with a medium?

jason

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Medium is in the middle of that range.
The charts are telling you to avoid lop sided stones that have a very short leg on one side and very long leg on the other after falling out of a tree and not being fixed proper
1.gif

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Let me make it a little more clean...

If the chart says tn-slk that means thin to slightly thick.
It includes all diamonds that have thin only, medium only, slightly thick only or any combination of those three.
A medium girdle is between thin and slightly thick.
tn, tn-md, tn-slk, md, md-slk or slk are all ideal.

viscera912

Shiny_Rock
right on!!!

alright i understand now, i never knew that those ranges were actual RANGES....meaning i didn't know the categories inbetween the range was also included. allright im on track now thanks!

jason

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results