shape
carat
color
clarity

Question re: depth and table % on princess cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phantasman

Rough_Rock
First, let me say "Happy New Year" to all in the forum! I've been reviewing the information on this site for the past several days and it has to be, bar-none, the best resource I have yet seen on the web. I feel privileged to have access to so much insight from so many experts. With that said, let me get to my question:

I have found (what I believe) to be an excellent price on a diamond with which to build my ring but, maybe I'm missing something. Here are the specs:

GIA certified
.91 carat princess cut
measurements: 5.70 X 5.24 X 3.71
depth: 70.8
table: 72
girdle: vtn-thk
culet: non
polish: vg
symmetry: g
clairty: SI1
color: G
fluorescene: non

price: $2682.00

I used the following parameters in my search:

Class 2A
table: 59-72
depth: 64-75

Which I got from the following web site (thanks to another post): http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt4.htm

Am I on the right track? I see the girdle in not in the "ideal" range (thin to medium). What should I be focusing on in a diamond below a carat? Thanks a million for looking at this.

Chris :wavey:

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Other than seeing the stone, one would think you are on the right track for getting a good princess cut. Few get the 2A grade and they generally look very nice. Also, since they are not overly deep, the wearer sees more diamond as the stones are a bit longer and wider than a super deep stone.

Having someone experienced look at the diamond is not a bad idea, but it sounds pretty good from the present description.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
:appl:

Thank you Phantasman!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

:wavey:

Phantasman

Rough_Rock
Dave,

I definitely will take it to be appraised. I would love to take it to you but, I'm in Connecticut and you're in Pennsylvania - I bought this from Diamond.com (30 days to return) so, it would probably behoove me to bring it to someone locally. Could you recommend someone in the Hartford area? Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results