shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on WF when setting a stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
I am getting a round stone from WF and this question just occurred to me. Do I need to tell them how high or low I want the stone set? I wasn''t asked this question though when I ordered it. I do not like it when I see rings with a round stone from the mall where there is a huge amount of air space underneath the stone. Will WF automatically set the stone this way? If not then I am okay but I just don''t want that huge gap....I hope I am making sense....I may not be....

Thanks!!

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
In my experience with WF, I asked that the diamond be set as low as possible and I have been pleased with the results. Which setting did you pick? That may have some bearing on how low the diamond can be set. Just talk with your SP and you should be fine.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would definitely make it known how high/low you want it set. That way you will avoid having to return it if you aren''t happy with it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2009 12:52:54 PM
Author: Maisie
I would definitely make it known how high/low you want it set. That way you will avoid having to return it if you aren''t happy with it.
Ditto the ladies.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a little wiggle room in the setting but the jeweller should be able to set it high or low to a certain degree. I prefer mine set as low as possible. Do tell WF your preference so that they will accomodate your request and make you happy with the end result.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I als prefer mine set low and I told them this with my wedding band stones. I would send them an email just to let them know and luckily if you get it and it isn''t quite right they will fix it for you.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Ok, thanks everyone!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Ask WF to see some photos of your setting and stone size set at different heights. It's all personal preference. I think WF's default height looks perfect. I also do not like the look of a stone set too high. But if they are too look the culet disappears.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Heather, we don''t tend to set them overly high, but you should contact your sales rep and let him/her know of your preference.

Typically, we set reasonably low so as not to have the stone incur unnecessary damage from getting knocked around.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results