shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on super ideal diamonds.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
So yesterday we went to a grocery store we don’t typically go to and my round brilliant diamond went crazy! It was so sparkly and throwing off so much color that I had to stop and watch for a bit. Is that what super ideal diamonds look like on the the regular? If so, I’ve found my new obsession...

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
That's what my CBI does! I'm very distracted by it all the time, and have thousands of not-so-great photos to prove it. :lol-2: I especially love the way it looks in lower lighting, when it picks up every bit of light around it and flashes amazingly.

Dcrafty1

Shiny_Rock
I’ve only had my ACA for a little over a week now. But my experience has been sunlight, elevators, supermarkets, led lighting my baby goes crazy. Fire everywhere. I’m getting finger exercise just watching her perform.

My offi d has dim fluorescent overhead lighting. I seldom see any fire but my ring looks super white. Same as on cloudy days. Bright white no fire.

I have nothing to compare to as this is my first diamond.

I’d love to hear others experience.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am regularly distracted by the good lady's CBI :lol: even from across the room in dim lighting, where it still seems to fire rainbow colours out at high intensity!

Anywhere there are a lot of point-source lights, rather than flat/diffuse lighting or one dominant source (like the sun) will really create a lot of fire and sparkle, as each light can be reflected and fanned out into rainbows :)

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
That's what my CBI does! I'm very distracted by it all the time, and have thousands of not-so-great photos to prove it. :lol-2: I especially love the way it looks in lower lighting, when it picks up every bit of light around it and flashes amazingly.

I've been flip flopping and being annoying but I had a moment of clarity when I was in that grocery store!

I'll see if I can do a diamond similar in size to my current one maybe so I can just slowly trade up in size. HPD gets a million good reviews here, I'll prob buy through them at some point.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I’ve only had my ACA for a little over a week now. But my experience has been sunlight, elevators, supermarkets, led lighting my baby goes crazy. Fire everywhere. I’m getting finger exercise just watching her perform.

My offi d has dim fluorescent overhead lighting. I seldom see any fire but my ring looks super white. Same as on cloudy days. Bright white no fire.

I have nothing to compare to as this is my first diamond.

I’d love to hear others experience.

What color is yours? I was thinking of going lower & upgrading I keep reading that they face up whiter.

I am regularly distracted by the good lady's CBI :lol: even from across the room in dim lighting, where it still seems to fire rainbow colours out at high intensity!

Anywhere there are a lot of point-source lights, rather than flat/diffuse lighting or one dominant source (like the sun) will really create a lot of fire and sparkle, as each light can be reflected and fanned out into rainbows :)

This is good to know! I wish my diamond sparkled that nicely all the time.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, if you can see fireworks under the dining table in a fancy restaurant then you know your stone is well cut.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! My ACA is a fireball everywhere but in my house (can lights), so I love to stare at my hand when I'm out. I must look like a freak lol.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Reach out to Wink at HPD, I’m sure he can help!!!!!

Does he do that? Even if you don’t have a super ideal diamond/ didn’t buy from him in the first place?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does he do that? Even if you don’t have a super ideal diamond/ didn’t buy from him in the first place?
I believe he is able to find potential trade buyers and act as an intermediary, meaning you have security and peace of mind that both diamond and monies will arrive at their destinations safely, and you can they use your newly-realised funds to acquire a CBI :))

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I believe he is able to find potential trade buyers and act as an intermediary, meaning you have security and peace of mind that both diamond and monies will arrive at their destinations safely, and you can they use your newly-realised funds to acquire a CBI :))

So like a consignment service?

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Yes, he just helped me through the process a couple weeks ago. I had a GIA triple excellent .91 F I bought in retail five years ago and was able to give me a very fair offer. He has a couple sources for purchasing diamonds and he does it for you without making a penny himself. Honestly without this extra service, I wouldn’t be trading up right now. It’s definitely worth reaching out to see if he can help you! And his communication is great.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So like a consignment service?
Something like that!

I'm not sure if @Wink can directly talk about it on the forum but he will definitely be open to a discussion by phone or email :))

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Yes, he just helped me through the process a couple weeks ago. I had a GIA triple excellent .91 F I bought in retail five years ago and was able to give me a very fair offer. He has a couple sources for purchasing diamonds and he does it for you without making a penny himself. Honestly without this extra service, I wouldn’t be trading up right now. It’s definitely worth reaching out to see if he can help you! And his communication is great.

Oh that’s great! I hope it works out. I also have a GIA triple Ex but I was told the K color is super undesirable, so I haven’t had much luck so far. Blue Nile has a buying service but they only offered $1700 for my entire ring.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Something like that!

I'm not sure if @Wink can directly talk about it on the forum but he will definitely be open to a discussion by phone or email :))

I sent him an email! Or well I emailed the email on his website. I hope it’s the same. If not, I can call him when I’m in town and have reception...

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Fingers crossed for you!!! Doesn’t hurt to ask:)

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
A diamond that is in a place with several light sources will sparkle a lot.
Remember to clean your sparkler once a month at least with a home ultrasonic
cleaner. It will loose all it's sparkle if dirt accumulates underneath!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent him an email! Or well I emailed the email on his website. I hope it’s the same. If not, I can call him when I’m in town and have reception...
I believe that email goes to all of them at HPD. Don't worry- the entire team is amazing :)

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
A diamond that is in a place with several light sources will sparkle a lot.
Remember to clean your sparkler once a month at least with a home ultrasonic
cleaner. It will loose all it's sparkle if dirt accumulates underneath!

I clean it daily with a soft toothbrush. My husband called me obsessive... I heard not to use an ultrasonic cleaner. Is one safer than the other? Or are they all good and I heard wrong?

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I clean it daily with a soft toothbrush. My husband called me obsessive... I heard not to use an ultrasonic cleaner. Is one safer than the other? Or are they all good and I heard wrong?
Ultrasonic is safe except on pave (then there are differing opinions)

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should be fine. I don’t have that. I’ll look into it! Thank you for all the help. :geek2:
I just got mine a couple months ago and I love I! I put my ring and glasses in it when I'm getting ready every morning.

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
1: Turn the flash light on your cell phone on and hold it over your diamond.

2: try not to do it 3736262 times a day :lol-2:

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
So yesterday we went to a grocery store we don’t typically go to and my round brilliant diamond went crazy! It was so sparkly and throwing off so much color that I had to stop and watch for a bit. Is that what super ideal diamonds look like on the the regular? If so, I’ve found my new obsession...

Even with super ideals, appearance depends on lighting. I don’t think it would be fair to say that a super ideal looks ‘like your diamond in the grocery store’ all the time. Not sure what you mean exactly by “on the regular” ... if you mean often and more than an average diamond, then the answer is yes ... if you mean all the time, then the answer is no. Super-ideals are spectacular - in the right light.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results